For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
Length of contract: 6 months Possibility for extension: YES
- Under the supervision of the Human Resource Officer, the Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- The purpose of this role is to assist in all human resources operations
- Support in travel bookings for expatriate and national staff including (Flights, UNHAS, hotels, transportation, and visas arrangement).
- Documentation, Filing and File Updates
- HR support
- Receive and Track staff leave requests.
- Ensure attendance sheets are collected and submitted on weekly/monthly basis.
- Assist updating national staff HR’s administrative filling.
- Ensure that soft as well as hard record is available in official files.
- Assist employees to understand and adherence to MdM policies and procedures.
- Travel Facilitation
- HR Assistant is responsible for all in-country travel according to MDM policies.
- Assist expats to book their international flights when they are going on R&R.
- Coordinate with Gen Coo Assistant to track all visas expiry dates and extensions.
- Act as focal point for UNHAS booking for all mission staff and visitors.
- Responsible for tracking all incoming and visiting expats movements.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively. Arrange the guesthouse or hotel rooms to accommodation all visitors as needed.
- Prepare and maintain various databases to support the HR activities.
- Ensure important communications are posted on the board.
- Assist in event management: Arrange meetings, seminars, or workshops.
- Realize copying and filing and scanning of administrative documents.
- Comply with MdM policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety and security and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor in Business Administration, travel and tourism diploma or equivalentA minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a similar position (preferably with NGO)Experience in travel booking and arrangements
- Familiar with UNHAS booking system
- Languages (spoken and written): English and local languages
- Good knowledge particularly with Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong organization skills
- Team player
Method of Application
To apply, please submit: a two page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545513 to apply for this job .