Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and underprivileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
- Malaria Consortium has been operational in Nigeria since 2008 first as a lead of the large DFID funded Support to National Malaria Programme (SuNMaP) and now as lead or partner on several programmes. In 2012, Malaria Consortium fully established itself in Nigeria with a long-term commitment and opened a country office.
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for all Abuja based procurement planning and procurement for Malaria Consortium activities in Nigeria.
Scope of Work
- The Procurement Officer will support project procurement plan design and regular updating.
- They will setup and manage all Abuja strategic supplier agreements, and will conduct all Abuja based procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy.
Key Working Relationships
- The Procurement Officer will report to the Abuja Office Manager, and will work closely with all Abuja based staff to provide them procurement support.
- They will also work with state staff for all state procurement conducted or supported in Abuja
Procurement planning (15%):
- Support project managers with the design of procurement plans for all new projects to allow all project procurement's to be delivered on-time at value for money following compliant processes
- Work with project managers to review all project procurement plans on a regular basis (at least quarterly) to ensure that all procurement is being planned to allow for on-time delivery at value for money following compliant processes
- Conduct regular price list surveys in Abuja for all regularly sourced supplies and services
- Conduct an annual market survey for regularly sourced supplies to ensure Malaria Consortium is considering all qualified suppliers in the market for regularly required items
Strategic supplier agreements (25%):
- Support the Abuja Office Manager with defining they Nigeria Country Procurement Plan
- Setup all Abuja based Framework Agreements and Preferred Suppliers based on the Country Procurement Plan, following the processes defined in the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, including for fuel, security, IT support, generator maintenance, vehicle maintenance, stationery, hotels, taxi firms, rental vehicles, event locations for conferences/workshops/seminars, printing material, etc.
- Track all procurement's against all strategic supplier agreements and provide quarterly reports to the Abuja Office Manager on total expenditure to date per the agreement, supplier performance and issues and recommendations for the coming year
- Conduct all Abuja based procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, ensuring that all documentation is completed, correctly approved and filed appropriately for future reference
- Maintain a record of the status of all procurement's, which will be shared weekly with all relevant staff so that they can plan for their arrival
- Chair the Country Procurement Review Committee (PRC), taking the minutes of all PRC meetings, and ensuring that the PRC follows the process as defined in the Malaria consortium Procurement Policy
Person Specification, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or similar qualification in Procurement or related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in an operations related role specifically in procurement
- Proven writing skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with staff in other locations
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Facilitation and coordination skills
- Sector awareness related to procurement
- Attentive to detail
- Highly organised
- Flexible and self- motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- He/she must clearly display the ability to effectively prioritise and perform to tight deadlines
Work-based Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills
- Delivering results (Level B - Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates excellent project management skills):
- Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work/ responsibilities when needed to achieve results
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines, targets, donor requirements)
- Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role
Analysis and use of information (Level B - Uses evidence to support work):
- Identifies and uses various sources of evidence and feedback to support outputs
- Uses evidence to evaluate policies, projects and programmes
- Identifies links between events and information identifying trends, issues and risks
- Ensures systems are in place to address organisation needs
Interpersonal and communications (Level B - Adapts communications effectively):
- Tailors communication (content, style and medium) to diverse audiences
- Communicates equally effectively at all organisational levels
- Understands others’ underlying needs, concerns and motivations and communicates effectively in sensitive situations
- Resolves intra-team and inter-team conflicts effectively
Collaboration and partnering (Level B - Collaborates effectively across teams):
- Proactive in providing and seeking support from expert colleagues
- Raises difficult issues with teams/ partners and stakeholders with a view to positive resolution
- Proactive in building a rapport with a diverse range of people
Leading and motivating people (Level B - Manages own development and seeks opportunities):
- Actively manages own development and performance positively
- Learns lessons from successes and failures
- Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise
Flexibility/ adaptability (Level B - Clarifies priorities and ensures learning from experience)
- Clarifies priorities when leading change
- Sees and shows others the benefits of strategic change
- Helps colleagues/team members to practice stress management through prioritization of
- workloads and modelling of appropriate self-management and care
- Makes time to learn from experience and feedback, and apply the lessons to a new situation
- Living the values (Level C - Supports others to live Malaria Consortium’s values):
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using role position responsibly and fairly
- Cultivates an open culture within the wider team, promoting accountability, responsibility and respect for individual differences
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness (Level B - Is aware of others’ activities and vice versa in planning activities):
- Takes account of team members and others workload when planning
- Maintains awareness of the impact on other parts of the organization, keeping abreast of other’s activities, objectives, commitments, and needs
- Has a good understanding of the sector in which Malaria Consortium works
- 4,189,500 gross per annum
- National Benefits.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545512 to apply for this job .