Tropical Health LLP is an international consultancy company specializing in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health and disease control programmes in Africa and Asia. We contribute in a unique way to the cost-effectiveness and sustainability of development aid in the health sector by improving the availability, quality, and use of evidence for strategic and operational planning and programme implementation. We offer a variety of services in the M&E field including independent evaluations and reviews, health research studies, comprehensive programme M&E design and solutions, health surveillance and information systems.
- Tropical Health is seeking an exceptional manager/expert to provide technical and management oversight for a small team of experts in Jigawa, Nigeria.
- In close collaboration with government and other stakeholders, the post-holder will lead the implementation of sustainable solutions aimed at reducing the malaria burden in Jigawa State.
- The State Team Leader will oversee the strategic and evidence-informed State-level implementation of malaria interventions and will, in addition, provide focus contributions in the area of malaria monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and research.
- The STL will oversee the strategic and evidence-informed State-level implementation of malaria interventions and will, in addition, provide focused technical contributions in the area of malaria M&E and research.
- The STL will be responsible for providing technical leadership in Jigawa state, implementing technical strategies to achieve long-term institutional and transformational change through identified strengthening initiatives.
- The STL will also ensure that programme M&E and research is implemented to high standards and work closely with the State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP), to develop their own capacity in M&E.
Key areas of responsibility are:
State level leadership and team management:
- Ensure that state-level project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Provide overall state-level technical leadership and representation of the project.
- Work with the Deputy Programme Director and Technical Specialists to implement technology strategies that achieve long-term institutional and transformational change to Nigeria’s Malaria response in the State, making sure interventions respond to the rapidly changing malaria landscape.
- Strengthen the State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) ability to provide stewardship, ensuring it effectively plans and resources its response to malaria, based on available evidence.
- Manage and supervise a team of experts, while promoting an atmosphere in which programme staff collaborates to achieve the vision, mission, and strategies of the programme.
- Maintain close collaboration and partnership with implementing partners, other development programmes and government for the successful State level delivery of the programme.
- Report against the logical framework in line with programme M&E systems, and support the preparation for programme annual reviews.
- Lead the State level annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensure the programme M&E and research is implemented to the highest standard in Jigawa State and provide support in the area to other states, as required and feasible
Strengthen the SMEP capacity to:
- Develop, implement and track progress against sound malaria M&E plan
- Collect, collate, quality assure, analyze and interpret routine (surveillance) and surveyor evaluation data
- Promote and support the use of data and evidence for planning, budgeting and decision making
- The STL should hold an MSc in Public Health, Epidemiology, Surveillance, Research Methods or other relevant subjects and at least 7 year's proven experience in a relevant context.
- We are looking for a results-oriented individual with coordination experience in international health programmes, with a deep knowledge of health systems and the Nigeria malaria context.
- The candidate will have experience in management, capacity building and leadership, a successful background in project and budget management, demonstrated an understanding of Northern Nigeria states context and experience of working with state authorities.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent computer skills including MS Excel and statistical software packages and data analysis skill. Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Only candidates selected for the interview stage will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in working with us.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545503 to apply for this job .