IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
- The Financial Audit Manager is responsible for executing, evaluating, and tracking internal controls over financial reporting.
- Identify, map, and continuously update key financial controls specific to financial reporting.
- Plan, undertake and supervise financial and system audits within finance function to ensure that all functions and systems of finance are working in line with management advised guidelines.
- Perform and supervise tests of the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of key financial controls.
- Assist testers undertaking the control self-assessments.
- Train Sox champion on the provisions of Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Collect, review and analyze workings of, and other financial information prepared by accounting department for identification of exceptions.
- Incorporate external and internal audit findings into testing scope.
- Align internal control evaluations with external audits.
- Supervise the regional audits for Pre-audit of invoices, Site visits, Cash counts, Inventory count, Document reviews and Other risk & control related tasks
- Review and audit financial schedules prepared by accounting team.
- Identify and review controls in automation projects for finance in new ERP.
- Support the finance team in the implementation of new control activities.
- Test the compliance with approved processes and notify of exceptions.
- Analyze and review other non-financial information reported to management for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist the external auditors in their assessment of internal controls over financial reporting by providing evidence of management review of internal controls.
- Draft consolidated monthly management reports on the assessment of the internal control environment for all the entities.
- Degree in accounting, audit/risk management
- Chartered Accountant/ACCA certified
- Internal or external audit training
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in audit & accounting with at least two (2) years in a managerial/supervisory role.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and execution of risk-based internal or external audits.
- Demonstrable experience in preparation or review of financial results.
- Experience with evaluation of ITGC for integrated financial audits.
- Strong experience in Accounting & Reporting
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IAA/IFRS
- Target oriented with a strong focus on excellence in customers relationship management
- Good understanding of Financial Systems eg AR, AP etc
- Good understanding of contracts and legal compliances
- Demonstrate knowledge of tax related matters
- Hand on experience of ERP ie. NAV, SAP, Oracle
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Practical experience of managing teams
- Basic understanding of TowerCo business and technical knowledge
- Practical experience of KPIs
- Demonstrate the skills of management reporting
- Document archiving & filing
- Leadership & Relation building
- Problem-solving, dispute resolution & team building
- Planning and organization
- Sound knowledge of internal control environment & internal control framework (COSO)
- Presentation skills, and hand on experience on MS Office tools
- Knowledge of internal control evaluation requirements for SOX provisions
- IT general controls
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545502 to apply for this job .