Tropical Health LLP is an international consultancy company specializing in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of health and disease control programmes in Africa and Asia. We contribute in a unique way to the cost-effectiveness and sustainability of development aid in the health sector by improving the availability, quality, and use of evidence for strategic and operational planning and programme implementation. We offer a variety of services in the M&E field including independent evaluations and reviews, health research studies, comprehensive programme M&E design and solutions, health surveillance and information systems. We firmly believe in the principles of developing local capacity and transferring skills and knowledge.
- Tropical Health is seeking an exceptional Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist to lead the programme Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Operations Research (OR) for a large donor malaria programme in Nigeria.
- The position will be based in Abuja with extensive travel to support programme state M&E teams.
- The position is responsible for providing technical leadership to the strategy and implementation of M&E and Operational Research, managing the M&E and Operational Research team, and working in close collaboration with Government and other stakeholders at both federal and state levels.
- As a senior member of the management team in Nigeria, the Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist is responsible for:
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop, revise, as required, and operationalize the programme M&E Strategy based on the programme theory of change to monitor and evaluate activities, outputs, and outcomes across all programme objectives.
- Oversee technical implementation by the programme State M&E Officers.
- Lead national level programme M&E data collection and coordinate state level M&E data collection, ensuring consistency and quality across states.
- Collate, validate, triangulate, and analyze project M&E data, as well as track, collate and analyze data for project value for money assessments
- Provide the senior management team feedback on project performance against expected deliverables and results demonstrating the programme’s impact.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual M&E data summaries and narrative reports.
- Lead M&E responses to external information requests (donor and government), evaluations and audits.
- Lead compilation of M&E data for project learning and results in dissemination.
- Mentor more junior M&E staff especially at State level.
- Lead the development and delivery of the programme’s OR strategy, including the programme planned six-year longitudinal study.
- Lead the detailed design of OR activities and ethical clearance process as required.
- Ensure OR activities are successfully planned and delivered, with a focus on building local capacity of national consultants and OR partners such as academic institutions.
- Report and disseminate findings and results of OR across national and international fora.
- Stakeholder coordination, support, and capacity building:
- Support development and implementation of programme learning and knowledge management plan.
- Represent the programme in M&E related national meetings and technical fora.
- Support the Malaria Public Health and Data Specialist seconded to NMEP in targeted M&E and OR technical assistance and capacity building efforts as required.
- Provide support to other stakeholders in areas of key strengths.
- Lead the development and management of the programme M&E and OR annual budgets.
- In consultation with Tropical Health, coordinate and manage short-term external technical assistance inputs to the programme in the area of M&E and OR.
- Master's Degree in Research Methods, Public Health, Epidemiology, M&E or other relevant qualification.
- Demonstrated experience of leading programme M&E and/or research, including design and strategic leadership of M&E and/or research activities and coordination of teams to deliver programme objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems dynamics and challenges in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the management of M&E and/or research activities, including technical oversight of staff and developing and managing annual budgets.
- Experience building capacity, supervising and mentoring staff and partners, including facilitating training.
- Demonstrated experience along the whole continuum of research activities and widely published, with peer-reviewed, evidence-based results.
- In-depth understanding of the health, political, social and cultural context of Nigeria (especially Northern States).
- Experience working effectively with Government and donors.
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in Stata statistical software package knowledge of other data software an advantage (SPSS, R, mapping software, ODK etc.)
- Excellent level of spoken and written English; Hausa language skills an advantage.
- The PMERS should hold an MSc in public health, epidemiology, M&E or other relevant subjects and at least 10 years are proven experience in a relevant context. We are looking for someone with a successful record of achievement in the leadership of malaria M&E activities.
- The right candidate will have a strong track record in design and delivery of programme M&E and research activities and a deep understanding and knowledge of health systems and challenges in Nigeria’s response to malaria elimination.
- We require experience of capacity building and management/supervision of staff and partners, training design and delivery and demonstrated experience along the continuum of research.
- The preferred candidate will have a good portfolio of peer-reviewed, evidence-based published articles and research. This role requires an experienced budget manager. We are looking for someone with excellent computer skills and a good level of written English and Hausa.
- Negotiable and commensurate with skills, qualifications, and experience.
- 26th and 27th March 2018.
- Only candidates selected for the interview stage will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in working with us.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545498 to apply for this job .