Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and an unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Oversees the formation of a strategy for maintenance of the HT LT lines to ensure that objectives of reliability and continuity of supply are met
- Ensure that the maintenance plans, schedules in coordination with maintenance rules for High Tension (HT) and Low Tension (LT) lines are implemented.
- Ensuring all cable faults of LT and HT cables are attended to and resolved.
- Supervise and monitor the detection of the nature of fault by preliminary tests and then use special instruments to detect the fault.
- Prepare effective programs, for preventive and emergency maintenance in optimum period of time of all the HT/ LT lines.
- Implement maintenance procedures in the assigned area in accordance with established company policies.
- Keep abreast of new trends and development in the fields of maintenance to ensure that cost-effective training is available and efficient.
- Encourage, foster and champion effective cross-functional team-working to ensure that activities are aligned and colleagues support each other’s work to maximize contribution.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department
- First degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with at least 8-10 years’ experience within the Power Distribution Sector, 5 of which must be a supervisory level.
- Post Graduate/ Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
- Technical Competencies:
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Operations & Maintenance Management
- High & Low Tension Operations & Maintenance Management
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545495 to apply for this job .