Michael Stevens Consulting - We are a long established management and learning consulting firm, with a subsidiary in Accra, Ghana and advanced plans to expand into other geographies. In order to meet our growth objectives and strengthen the management of the practice, we are looking for self-managed and very experienced professionals to fill the position above.
- Ensure timely supplies to units of assigned items from vendors
- Sound analytical capability to analyze data, convert into charts with interpretation to improve Supply Chain performance
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy of shipments, consolidating warehousing & distribution
- Develop material cost forecasts & Standard costing for items
- Appraise vendor manufacturing capability through onsite visits and measurements
- Negotiate prices & terms with suppliers, freight forwarders, Clearing agents
- Monitor supplier performance to assess capacity to meet Quality standards & delivery requirements
- Meet suppliers & discuss performance metrics to provide feedback / discuss production forecasts/changes
- Implement new Supply Chain processes
- Develop / Implement procedures /systems to evaluate /select suppliers
- Analyse inventory for optimum inventory turnover, reduce waste, etc.
- Monitor & feedback Accounts / Vendors to ensure timely payments
- Participate in the coordination of Engg Services, product line extensions for uninterrupted flow during the transition
- Manage Strategic & tactical purchasing, Materials planning, Inventory control, warehousing & supply
- Bachelor of Science/ Economics, Management post-graduate
- Additional Certification in Purchasing & Supply preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in Procurement / Supply Chain
- Hands-on experience in Excel & other MS office tools
- Experience in Consumer Industry / Alcoholic beverages preferred
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545484 to apply for this job .