The Place Nigeria is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company registered in 2003 to explore opportunities in the hospitality sector in Nigeria. The Place is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1300 employees. Currently, our operations span across 12 locations in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in short and medium term. Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 50 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies. We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us in leading the articulation and execution of strategic transformation initiatives as we position ourselves to maintain sustained growth, profitability and our position as a market leader in our industry.
- We are looking for an experienced CIO (Chief Information Officer) to oversee the use of Information technology (IT) in our company.
- You will be the one to devise the company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
- We require someone with solid IT background and someone who consistently keeps up-to-date with advancements in the field.
- We require someone that has every quality of a leader, a strong strategic and business acumen, and good appreciation of finance, accounting, fraud controls, employee performance measurement system and management information/ reporting requirements.
- The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company at least cost so as to facilitate the success of our business.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve the customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value, and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role
- Deep holistic/ rounded knowledge of use/ application of ERP for a manufacturing and consumer trading/ retailing company (all relevant modules). Knowledge for restaurant chain will be a definite plus
- Experience in articulating and designing software requirement
- Experience in evaluating and selecting software
- Experience in supervising development, testing, roll out and change management for new software development (or purchase and customisation) and roll out
- Experience in compiling and designing management information/ reporting requirements
- Experience with deployment of eBusiness solutions including mobile applications, to maximize customer experience
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Minimum of first university degree or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545480 to apply for this job .