DGS Integrated Projects Limited is a wholly Nigerian company, incorporated in 2009 to provide integrated Oil, Gas, and Energy Infrastructure service packages. Registered in Nigeria, our primary focus is the provision of best in class, fit for purpose and effective technical solutions to the challenges of the Nigerian Oil, Gas, and other selected sectors. DGS operates from its Lekki, Lagos corporate office and other strewn project locations across Nigeria.
The Lead Corrosion Engineer shall assist in the execution of materials & corrosion engineering activities and related specifications as required for a Project and as assigned/directed by the Lead Engineer and perform the following main tasks:
As Lead Corrosion Engineer, main duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Report to the Principal/Lead Engineer (Materials Engineering Technology) and work under his overall supervision and directions.
- To take the responsibility materials & corrosion engineering activities as assigned by Principal /Lead Engineer. Also, assists or performs duties of Lead Engineers in his group as and when assigned.
- To review and understand the scope of work of vendor’s packages/sub-contractors works and specifications thereof and check materials & corrosion related requirements based on MSDS and other relevant documents during Enquiry phase and raise all relevant issues for clarifications/resolution, as needed.
- To provide inputs to FEED endorsement, qualifications to FEED, man-hours estimate and identify the risks related to Project.
- Reviews metallurgical/corrosion related contents to Vendor packages requisitions, participate in technical bid evaluation and provide post-award technical support to Package engineers as needed. Ensures that material selection for all package items is properly specified in Vendor Datasheets/Drawings and recorded on Material Selection Diagrams.
- To follow up offers for Specialist studies/Subcontracts floated by the materials and corrosion engineering group and participate in technical bid evaluation along with Lead Engineers.
- To be focal point and coordinator for Technical Feedback Register compiling all important material & corrosion related issues derived from tender clarifications, technical deviations, problems experienced & lessons learned, warranty claims etc. To ensure compilation is done client-wise and subject–wise to serve feedback for a new Enquiry and Project.
- To be the custodian of Engineering Procedures / Technical Feedback Register related to materials & corrosion discipline and initiate updating as and when required.
- Be familiar with different software for corrosion rate calculation and perform/assist Lead Engineers in corrosion rate calculations, when needed.
- To assist Lead Engineers in his group during the development of material selection diagrams, material selection report, corrosion risks assessment studies or other deliverables as requested by Lead Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical/ Mechanical Engineering in relevant discipline will be preferred.
- 8 - 10 years (post-NYSC) demonstrated experience in corrosion engineering, preferably in oil & gas industries. Work experience with Engineering consultancy organization and/or EPC Contractor will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy & corrosion engineering focusing on selection/corrosion control and material specification/standards. Capable of choosing the most cost-effective materials based on fit-for-purpose if for any item when material selection is not defined /specified in the Engineering Design.
- Basic knowledge of identifying damage mechanisms, and risk assessment/matrix of equipment from safety and reliability standpoint and an aptitude for participating in RBI studies when required by the Client.
- Good knowledge of materials for use in sour service requirements and in-depth knowledge of NACE standards MR0175/ISO 15156, MR0103, TM 0177, TM 0284 etc.
- Sound knowledge of Oil & Gas industry Materials & Corrosion problems and issues and understanding of life-cycle cost, reliability, operability, and maintainability with a particular focus on Materials & Corrosion Engineering.
- Good awareness of pertinent Codes & Standards.
- Ability to think analytically, innovatively, practically and pragmatically. Due to varied scope, complexity, and nature of work and to be flexible to manage his time and work to address multiple demands.
- Ability and an aptitude for developing technical specifications, Material Selection Diagrams, Material Selection Reports, Corrosion Risk Assessment Reports, and deliverables as assigned.
- Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills in English (written & verbal)
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter with "Lead Corrosion Engineer" as the subject.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545448 to apply for this job .