COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
- The Distribution Assistants will be responsible for the implementation of WFP funded General Food Distribution in Geidam focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- They will ensure distribution, monitoring and mobilisation of the community to encourage their participation in the distribution activities.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Field Officer and in collaboration with the Project Manager and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, they will:
- Conduct sensitizations, providing key messages related to the programme objectives, an organization of distributions, targeting and eligibility criteria.
- Supervising the Community Mobilisers and volunteers in support of the distribution process and in charge of crowd control.
- Conduct registration of beneficiaries as needed and verification of beneficiaries at distribution point.
- Support the Field Officer with organizing the distribution point to respond to protection and accountability to affected populations criteria.
- Conduct distribution of in-kind food assistance to the entitled beneficiaries.
- Support the Field Officer with commodity tracking and reporting.
- Collect complaints and feedback from the beneficiaries and the communities.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Field Officers or the Project Manager.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Nutrition and Health qualifications (Diploma/Certificate)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations
- Accuracy and promptness in performing duties
- English writing and speaking skill preferred
Desired Competencies / Skills
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Previous experience in similar roles in a humanitarian set up
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri)
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Scanned copies of certificates (originals to be presented if shortlisted)
- Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545435 to apply for this job .