SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high-quality natural ingredients.
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
Fleet Maintenance Planning and Implementation:
- Understand vehicle-specific maintenance and service requirements for all vehicle categories (trucks, trailers, forklifts and warehouse cleaning equipment)
- Develop and manage the depot preventative maintenance plan and schedule and adhere stringently to schedules for all vehicle categories to ensure the fleet is continuously maintained and available for optimal uptime.
- Monitor utilization of leased vehicles according to contracted mileage for optimum asset and financial return.
- Manage depot fleet ad-hoc maintenance and analyze data for reasons for unscheduled maintenance required, to identify potential trends, and where applicable, to take corrective action
Fleet Master Data:
- Continuously provide current and accurate depot fleet data and information for capture on SAP Fleet Master Data;
- Master data governed by defined standards and applied uniformly across all fleet vehicle categories.
- Conduct fleet audits bi-annually with the Fleet Manager to verify correct use of fleet administrative processes and activation mechanisms, and assist in ensuring accuracy of Fleet Master Data
Fleet safety, health and environmental (SHE) compliance:
- Maintain ongoing communication with depot management and fleet suppliers on fleet SHE issues to ensure their resolution and future non-occurrence
- Provide guidance and coaching to fleet suppliers and their staff members on the implementation of fleet SHE management at depots.
Fleet Expenditure Against the Budget:
- Manage compliance with the Procurement to Payment Policy (PTP)
- Explore cost control opportunities to reduce spend ie innovations and price negotiation
- Engage with suppliers to always obtain best possible prices/rates
Qualifying and improving the fleet pillar:
- Engage with the DC regarding their DPO dream by supporting the implementation the Fleet pillar.
- Representation during milestone audits will be necessary to support the DC's DPO dream
- Submit monthly kpi data as per requirement by the 5th of each month to DSD: vehicle uptime and utilisation statistics, breakdown analysis and preventative measures to be taken, consumption statistics by vehicle and corrective action to be applied, etc.
- Assist with data requests from internal and or external customers.
- Daily management of Vehicle Condition Control Report
- Relevant bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ functional work experience
- Good performance track record
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word
Key competencies and attributes:
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Strong self-management qualities
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail regarding the DPO Fleet pillar handbook
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal ability and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change - resilient
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of assertiveness
- Good negotiation skills
- Open systems thinking that generates breakthrough ideas that support the safety, quality, productivity and efficiency of fleet
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545414 to apply for this job .