eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Manager, Technical Project Management will support eHA’s GIS & Analytics Department predominantly by leading the implementation of data management support and training for the Borno State Ministry of Health (SMoH).
What you’ll do:
The Associate Manager, Technical Project Management will support eHA’s GIS & Analytics department predominantly by:
- Planning and coordinating GIS & Data Analytics project activities with the Borno SMoH and ensuring the timely implementation of project deliverables.
- Ensuring that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements
- Managing the implementation of data management systems, data cataloging and data portal for the Borno SMoH
- Utilizing Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean concepts, geospatial SDLC methodologies and principles where appropriate to ensure quality implementation of systems
- Leading the delivery of online and physical analytics training for the Borno SMoH
- Work with cross functional teams to develop, manage and track classic project deliverables (schedules, budget, scope, change management, status reports, resource allocation plans, risks, issues logs, etc.)
- Participates in pre-sales and business development activities such as writing proposals, scoping proposed solutions, budgeting, resourcing and risk analysis
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Demography, or other Technology related degree
- 5 years of work experience managing Analytics or GIS related projects
- Proven track record in agile project management methodologies and frameworks eg PRINCE2 Agile, PMI Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Understanding of open source GIS and data analytics tools, eg QGIS, PostGIS, Geoserver, CKAN, Tableau and Elastic Stack
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- Impact & quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative problem-solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545411 to apply for this job .