PwC helps organization and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
Reference Number: 125-NIG00129
Business Unit Overview
PwC’s Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (“CMAAS”) is a group of highly-experienced professionals providing professional advisory services to clients as they work their way through the regulatory and technical aspects of complex situations, from assisting them to prepare to raise funds, to the issuance of debt or equity securities and further compliance with the listing obligations.
CMAAS also advises our clients navigate complexities associated with accounting change, whether that be relating to new accounting standards, moving from one accounting framework to another, or dealing with transactional related accounting complexity.
About our Capital Markets practice:
We assist clients as they plan and execute their capital markets transactions.
Whether the planned transaction is a domestic, regional or an international listing, our team has the requisite expertise and skills to assist, and typically advises on pre-transaction readiness diagnostics, listing requirements, financial statements preparation, accounting due diligence, accounting policies development, prospectus drafting, reporting obligations and corporate governance, among other things.
About our Accounting Advisory practice:
Our team includes accounting specialists with extensive IFRS, and other accounting framework capabilities, combined with industry expertise primarily in the financial services, energy, and telecommunications industries.
Our team also has access to the global PwC network which means that we can readily access industry expertise on any type of complex transaction. In addition to technical accounting advisory services, our team assists in the performance of purchase price allocation exercises, goodwill impairment reviews, and GAAP conversions.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, and coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in capital markets and accounting matters and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market;
- You will also be required to possess a solid knowledge of IFRS and being able to conduct in depth research on complex matters, handle technical discussions with global industry experts and apply your critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be working with colleagues in various offices within PwC Africa on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international team where appropriate;
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world;
- As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities;
- You will also be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues;
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s CMAAS team within our African Assurance practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital markets solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- He/She will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Studies, Accounting, or Finance;
- Mandatory qualifications:
- The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, or CPA;
- Years of experience: 5-8 years of audit or other relevant experience in an accounting firm. Any capital markets experience is beneficial;
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Language skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English;
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Africa and worldwide as the project dictates.
- Additional Information:
- Travel Requirements: 25-50%
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545405 to apply for this job .