Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
- The selected candidate(s) will support the implementation of the community mobilization and nutrition activities in the community in accordance with IMC nutrition activities under the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP), a response for vulnerable children and Pregnant and Lactating women in North East Nigeria.
- They will be responsible for mobilization, community engagement, nutrition education sessions, supporting active case findings and strengthening referrals.
Implementation of Programs Activities:
- Lead in regular community /partner sensitization or mobilization activities geared towards creating awareness on the IMC BSFP program activities among the community members and other stakeholders.
- Support the design and development of nutrition component implementation plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, and all nutrition demonstration and community mobilization activities
- Plan and organize CSB++ distribution at designated BSFP distribution sites in liaison with IMC program staff.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure all aspects of nutrition are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place from the community to distribution sites and from distribution sites to OTPs and Stabilization Centers when required.
- Work closely with other partners implementing BSFP, CBT/ INP for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at facility and distribution sites level
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including registration and enrolment of children aged 6-23 months; 24-59 months MAM cases and PLWs for BSFP and cash for nutrition respectively.
- Ensure correctness, consistency, and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Coordinate with the Logistics to ensure adequate availability of CSB++ supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned at all distribution sites.
- Through liaison with the Team Leaders and Line Manager, provide effective follow up the strategy of all cases particularly tracing of children and PLW who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems... etc.
- Provide key nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocol and guidelines by initiating community dialogue and solution finding initiatives made to improve uptake and utilization of program and health services.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the project and related intervention procedure
- Participate in capacity-building and demonstration activities with project staff and Cooperating Partner Agencies /WFP.
- Take lead in conducting beneficiary sensitization on- food rations, distribution days, distribution points, beneficiary rights, etc
- Maintain open line of communication with the beneficiaries to obtain feedback, complaints and work with the team to maintain a log of the feedback/ complaints and come up with corrective actions.
- Disseminate nutrition-related findings from PDM reports.
- Take lead in the MUAC screenings at BSFP distribution sites and during active case findings in the community.
- Ensure proper referral of cases between the BSFP and other components of CMAM.
- Represent International Medical Corps at any relevant community related/ liaison fora
- Actively participate in nutrition surveys done at the Community level ( KAP, SMART, Causal Analysis, Barriers, Coverage).
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition or health, Public Health, Community Development, Social Works related discipline and at least two years of professional experience in Nutrition program interventions.
- Experience in northeast Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization as well as Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition and Infant and Young Child Feeding programming in an emergency setting.
- Strong experience providing counseling services that are gender-sensitive and child-friendly
- Competence with the use of MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) and report writing
- Good human relations and diplomacy
- Strong leadership, coordination, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments.
- Good field work skills with good understanding of organization’s project area.
- Ability to command crowds of people and in good relationship with the local community leaders and community members.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Result oriented. Good knowledge of English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545393 to apply for this job .