Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
- As an SEO Specialist, you will help manage search engine optimization of products and category pages to improve search results and visibility as well as conversion, while driving traffic to the website through search engines.
In particular, you will:
- Optimization and indexing of product pages
- Work with Central Team on optimization of category pages to ensure that ranks are high on the search engine result pages
- Work with the QC Team to approve product uploads
- SEO Specialist will also work with Content Team to approve product reviews
- Consistently review the website and look for enhancement opportunities to optimize website search results.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Manage the website content (new product uploads, data scrubbing and migration where applicable, removing products, update pricing etc.)
- Write effective headlines, body, copy, and websites to optimize websites or web pages.
- Work collaboratively with Content Team to assure web advertising is presented most effectively and with keyword optimization.
- Create program plans based on E-Commerce Marketing strategies to focus on customer retention, repeat purchases, and customer acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field from a recognized reputable University
- 5 years' experience in SEO, Web Development, and Content Management Systems or similar role in a fast-paced corporate environment
- The practice of advanced SEO theory and applied techniques (web ranking, link analysis, data analytics, etc.)
- Proven track record of increasing traffic, improving brand and site visibility within major search engines for important keywords, increasing site authority through trusted and natural link-building and surpassing client conversion goals
- Experience with keyword research, ranking and analysis tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545346 to apply for this job .