Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers
- Based in Nigeria and reporting to the Cluster Human Resource Manager, the HR Business Partner Nigeria and Benin will work closely with leaders and employees to sustain an HR agenda that closely supports the overall aims of the organization on our business and our people.
- Act as a commercial business partner supporting the global and local commercial agenda of Maersk Line and Safmarine,
- Collaborate with leaders to execute business plans and strategies as a trusted advisor and sparring partner.
- Pro-actively identify and support recruitment needs and act as a partner alongside the manager and the Global Recruitment Team (GRT)
- Support talent management to close gaps in organization capabilities and sustain a sufficient leadership pipeline with annual processes such as 9-box talent management process and follow-up.
- Champion core HR processes such as performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Identify and support learning and development needs.
- Ensure the integrity of HR-driven data such as FTE, cost and vital demographics on SAP.
- Facilitate local HR initiatives such as leadership effectiveness sessions.
- Recommend and execute relevant HR initiatives and programs for Nigeria/Benin organization
- Implement the global principles of Compensation and Benefits and support local drives on same
- Support the end to end quarterly/annual implementation of Sales Incentive Plan, Global Incentive Plan
- Ensure the execution and delivery of HR operational activities in an effective and efficient manner
- Embed the HR Transformation agenda in leaders and employees
- Support employees and leaders in employee engagement drives and follow-up on initiatives
- Any other task assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an HR BP or HR generalist role
- Appreciable French fluency (written & spoken)
- Strategic thinker, yet able to translate strategy into deployable action plans
- Solid understanding and experience in HR fundamentals –recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee and industrial relations, as well as working/current knowledge of local Labor laws.
- Good coaching and facilitation skills.
- Experience in change management and coaching will be added advantage.
- Strong abilities to build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders' interests.
- Proven capability in leading and positively influencing stakeholders to deliver on business strategy and initiatives.
- Strong learning agility.
- Open and cross-culturally minded.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication of English
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite and preferred experience in SAP HR.
- A challenging and rewarding opportunity within a dynamic organization.
- You will partner with a team of talented and engaged colleagues to sustain a high performing organization.
- You will gain substantial strategic HR experience with enhanced skills in change management, stakeholders, and projects.
- Furthermore, you will obtain a deep understanding of the business to formulate and drive the right people strategies.
- A healthy work environment.
- Opportunities to learn, develop and grow as a well-rounded professional.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545325 to apply for this job .