PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) - Our client serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Company offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant company, connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world. The company is seeking to fill the vacant position below with competent, vibrant individuals who will bring fresh ideas and insights:
- The Head, Trading Business Division will be responsible for Identifying opportunities to increase order flow across all asset classes listed and making decisions to enhance trading velocity, total value traded, as well as what tradable products to offer in the market.
- This role reports to the CEO and is also a part of the Executive Management Team. The job holder will be required to have a strong Trading/Sales trading experience and be able to interact with foreign portfolio investors, domestic retail and institutional investors.
- Monitors and response to market and economic trends to drive trading activities
- Utilizes trading metrics and statistical data to identify areas to increase profitability and improve performance
- Develops and manages strong relationships with foreign and domestic institutional portfolio investors
- Develops new products in addition to Equities, ETPs, Bonds, REITs, etc. that already exist, formulates and implements product policies and initiatives
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for trading efforts across product lines; Market services products (market data, Xnet hosting services, etc.), and market operations income generating activities
- Articulates and provides strategic direction for the Trading business
- Maintains client relationships and continuously enhances the client experience, building rapport with customers and growing positive working relationships
- Reviews and approves market structure, online trading programs, and reviews trading systems to improve the Company's service offering
- Ensures client inquiries about their positions, statements, issues with trading and payment platforms are attended to promptly
- Determines commercial strategy for Trade lines of business; managing product life-cycles and product positioning in the marketplace
- Drives all go-to-market activities that are necessary to achieve client adoption or retention goals, including customer onboarding, support planning, pre- and post-sales training, and marketing collateral development
- Manages overall Profit and Loss (P & L) portfolio for listing efforts for Federal Government Bonds, ETFs, and Derivatives.
- Develops the required Key Performance Indicator’s for the Trading Business Division to ensure the delivery of first class service
- Develops annual and quarterly budgeting for the Business Division
- Manages the team to achieve the set goals of the trading business in line with corporate strategy
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field with 13-15 years’ industry experience and at least 7 - 10 years senior management experience.
- Professional certification and active membership of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CIS) or similar certifications (such as FINRA Series and CISI)
- Extensive experience in Stock, Bond, or Derivatives Trading/Sales
- Experience In investment Banking
- Experience with electronic trading systems/platforms
- Demonstrated experience in brokerage/dealer relations/buy side relations
- Demonstrated an understanding of market microstructure and drivers of order flow
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545284 to apply for this job .