SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high-quality natural ingredients.
Inventory and warehouse management:
- Conduct random truck counts to monitor the effectiveness of internal controls
- Oversee the Warehouse to ensure stock availability and quality
- Manage DOC and working capital
- Manage returns to issues and weeks in trade
- Ensure that inventory management processes are entrenched and Inventory postings need to be understood to manage gains and losses
Optimal Fleet management:
- Engage fleet suppliers to maintain optimal fleet uptime to deliver on customer service commitments
- Conduct regular fleet inspections as per fleet guidelines to ensure compliance to road traffic act and internal measures
- Monitor and understand fleet key performance indicators and implement corrective action plans where required
- Ensure that fleet-mix is optimal and suitable for terrain
- Manage fleet service provider SLA’s and ensure that temporary fleet service providers are engaged and SLA’s are in place
3rd party management:
- Contractors managed against the Service Level Agreement
- Ensure contractors alignment to business strategy
- Create an engaging environment to foster business partnerships and good relations
- Continuously engage contractors to extract maximum productivity responsibly
- Minimize use of temporary service providers and manage within relevant legislation
- Develops and manages budgets and forecasts for resourcing
- Controls expenditure against budgets and forecasts
- Authorizes expenditure and ensure adherence to the Procurement to Payment policy
- Continuously look for financial optimization opportunities internally and externally
- Monthly financial performance analysed and necessary plans put in place to correct if required
- Manage company assets in line with policy and procedure
- Review and sign off the necessary internal governance processes
- Conduct monthly stock counts in line with Inventory management procedures and processes
- Review bulk handling contracts for relevance:
- Adherence to the health, safety and environmental standards
- Site housekeeping standards maintained and adhered to
- Ensure adherence to site safety standards
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
- Relevant tertiary degree or diploma, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a managerial level in any of financial, administration, international trade or inter-state distributors
Key competencies and attributes:
- Knowledge of shipping, freight and forwarding practices.
- Financial and legal requirements associated with import/ export, VAT, EXCISE, Letters of Credit, Consignment Sales, etc.
- Knowledge of banking rates, exchange control, and currency exchange rates.
- Basic electronic bookkeeping knowledge (via SAP)
- Strong budgeting skills (costs and revenue)
- Ability to negotiate commercial agreements
- Basic knowledge of contracts and international trading
- PC competence at the advanced level (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545277 to apply for this job .