FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- As a member of the technical leadership team, the HIV/Health Advisor (OVC) will ensure technical excellence through contributions made to project implementation at the community level supporting vulnerable children and families.
- She/he will report directly to the Technical Director and will work to ensure that vulnerable children and adolescents have improved access to age-appropriate health services, particularly HIV services. S/he will support the implementation of learning agendas, tool development and relevant strategic initiatives.
- The incumbent will liaise closely with technical advisors from other sectors to ensure seamless quality programming. She/he will be knowledgeable about evidence-based and state-of-the-art OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) service delivery approaches that contribute to HIV epidemic control.
- This position is contingent on the issuance of USAID funding and the selection of applicants is subject to USAID approval.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Director to provide technical leadership and technical support related to Health and HIV/AIDS outcomes for children and families.
- Identify evidence-based strategies and interventions to increase children and adolescents’ access to age-appropriate health services, addressing the barriers that prevent access.
- Support the COP and Technical Director in monitoring project progress vis-a-vis expected objectives, and ensuring effective usage of resources and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure an effective and comprehensive continuum of care for children and adolescents living with HIV.
- Contribute efforts to strengthen referrals and coordination mechanisms between communities and health service providers, particularly with facility-based HIV services.
- Lead coordination efforts with health sector stakeholders in the private and public sector.
- Manage efforts to increase young children’s access to quality child health services and adolescents’ access to youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
- Collaborate with the project’s COP and Technical Director in the successful programmatic and technical implementation of the project including the timely completion of high-quality work plans, accurate reports, and other mandated deliverables.
Qualifications and Requirement:
- MS/MA in public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years’ experience of managing and advising HIV programs, with at least three years’ experience in OVC programming.
- Or BS/BA in public health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 experience of managing and advising HIV programs, with at least three years’ experience in OVC programming.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public-sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the health context and health system in Nigeria, and preferably in the South / South East.
- Understanding of PEPFAR OVC programming priorities, strategies and monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health programming for adolescents
- Knowledge on global best practices in pediatric HIV prevention and care and treatment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, considering cultural and language difficulties.
- Willingness to travel regularly and in difficult circumstances.
- Leadership qualities and ability to create synergies where applicable.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545246 to apply for this job .