Fadac Resources - Our client, an industry leader for cheque provision and other security printing solutions in Nigeria and has become the preferred supplier of cheques to major banks in Nigeria, Its services cut across the financial, manufacturing, entertainment, education sectors as well as Government agencies in Nigeria and across several African countries.
- Calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Consider the strength of various materials, eg timber, concrete, steel, and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- BSc in Structural Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in structural design.
- Must be proficient in the use of Orion, Staad or similar structural design software
- Must be a member of COREN
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Must be versatile with designs of buildings
- Experienced in analyzing configurations of basic structural components of a building or other structures
- Requisite experience in considering the strength of various materials to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design
- Knowledge in liaising with other designers including Architects to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction
- Must be able to make drawings specification and computer models of structures for building contractors
- Must have analytical and technical skills.
- Must be sensitive to timeliness and deadlines and ensure work is accomplished within the stipulated time.
- Familiarity with Industry’s IT standards.
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 year(s).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545229 to apply for this job .