The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Selects most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
- Operates all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- Acts quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- Registers and treats incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
- Minimum of a Secondary Education qualification
- Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Very good knowledge of Windows-based computers
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
Desire Profile and Skills
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees. Please clearly indicate "Radio Operator Maiduguri" as the subject of your application for example (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545186 to apply for this job .