Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and an unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Provide legal and regulatory support to the Company’s operations
- Provide needed support in the effective management of all legal and regulatory matters across the Business Units and Undertaking offices.
- Interpret, explain, implement and enforce legal and regulatory policies, objectives, codes across the Business Units and Undertaking Offices.
- Provide the first line of legal support in effectively managing cases of vandalism, assault and tampering with Company’s assets and network.
- Effectively liaise with all legal and law enforcement stakeholders including lawyers in handling case investigations and prosecutions of cases.
- To provide legal support in evidence gathering for the prosecution and defense of cases.
- To provide support in driving compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provide opinions and clarifications on court matters
- Carry our research-related activities and documentation of contracts where necessary.
- Assist in liaising with external parties and legal advice to Business Units and Undertaking offices.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor's degree in Law
- Experience in civil/criminal litigation and other ADR mechanisms.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the electricity industry.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with at least 4 years in a comparable role.
- Legal Advisory
- Legal Drafting
- Litigation and contract management
- Stakeholder management
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Supervisory skills
- Problem-solving and Decision Making
- Managing resources
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545159 to apply for this job .