Enzo, Krypton, and Company is a management consulting firm located at the heart of the commercial hub of Africa’s biggest economy; Nigeria. We are focused on helping business leaders solve difficult problems, achieve sustainable growth and continually create marketable value in a rapidly changing business environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Financial Controller provides financial leadership and is instrumental in forming accounting strategies and will be responsible for the company’s financial reporting, such as its monthly, quarterly and annual accounts.
- They manage all of the company’s transactions, from accounts payable to receivable payroll, and from control accounts to general operational finance.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction for the day to day running of the company.
- Develop and oversee the achievement of the company’s balance scorecard; draw up plans for driving the company towards achieving set targets.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Identifying and mitigating risks – presenting these threats and solutions to the board quarterly.
- Oversee creation and regular update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and business operating processes.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Establish and execute internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures.
- In-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions.
- Assess risk, analyze the efficiency and inform policy decisions made by executive management.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Management experience
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- An advanced degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5-7 years’ working experience in a business or finance environment.
- Experience and /or knowledge of the food manufacturing industry are an added advantage.
- The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a supporting letter in Pdf format, stating what the core functions of a Financial Controller would be in a large scale food manufacturing organization would be and how you are best suited for the role.
- During the recruitment process, we would require your cooperation in undergoing several assessments all aimed at ensuring the best fit between candidates and the organization.
- Successful assessment results will culminate in an interview with the organization. The face-to-face interview with the representative of the organization will take place in Lagos, Nigeria. Please note a meeting with one of our Representatives may be required prior to this.
- After you have undergone all the steps in the selection process, we will advise you of the organization’s decision as soon as possible. Should you be the preferred final candidate, our client will likely extend a verbal offer to you.
- Note: We will revert to you as soon as possible when we have reviewed your application.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545108 to apply for this job .