Astles Groupseeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The Farm and Business Development Manager will work in a mixed farming small-medium scale farm that has (and will have) other Business Streams, Facility will be referred to as Industrial Estate.
- He will be responsible for managing staff, planning production targets, and marketing and selling produce & products.
- He will also be responsibility for progressing ongoing and developing new Business Streams in line with Company’s objectives.
- He will be expected to proactively manage the Industrial Estate ensuring adequate health and safety standards with the Industrial Estate, produce excellent returns on investments for the Company.
- He should have ability to develop new Business streams to keep the Industrial Estate profitable.
- He should have good budgeting skills and ability to see the “big picture” ensuring integration across various streams of the Business. Encourage best practises and innovations.
- At all times, he must liaise with the Director in managing the Industrial Estate effectively.
Duties & Targets
- He will provide a rolling Short-term (3 months) and Medium-term (12 months) plans to the Company on the 15th (or second Friday) of every month. Plan must include monthly production targets, projected revenue for all Business streams and associated budget requirements.
- He will co-chair the monthly target reviews with Supervisors as well as attendance of the monthly Business Performance Review meetings that will be held within the first week of every month which will be chaired by the Director.
- He will ensure competitive pricing of farm produce and other Business streams, and where possible, make direct sales to the Market/shop until Marketing Team is fully setup.
- Building a progressive Customer base and managing communication with customers and suppliers. Keep track of Customers and Suppliers performance. Ensuring visibility in all Social media platforms.
- In addition to identifying & optimising manpower requirement, recruiting, training and supervision of staff, he is expected to ensure individual targets of various Business Units are achieved.
- Use of genuine Experts and Consultants to grow the Business and maintain innovations across all Business streams. This Business must be INNOVATIVE to reduce operating cost and improve quality.
- Sponsorship of result-oriented staff for training and attendance of conferences/workshop after probationary period should be encouraged. Such activity will however, require approval of the Director.
- Ensure continuity on the Industrial Estate required to maintain 24hours / 7 days operations; instil weekend duty rooster that ensure staff are rotated every week with a Supervisor on duty at weekend.
- There must be adequate, accurate and updated monitoring and documenting of all Business streams. Ensure reports are given on daily basis to the Director.
- Implement Bio-security controls and procedures for people in the Industrial Estate. And health and safety for staff, animal and equipment on the facility.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545095 to apply for this job .