A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems, machinery and equipment; will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design, through to implementation, testing and handover
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure of product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent maths, science, technology and IT skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Good budgetary skills
- Excellent team working and people skills
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations
- Relevant technical knowledge and up-to-date sector knowledge
- Project management skills
- An analytical and problem-solving approach to work
- Oral and written communication skills to make technical information easy to understand for non-technical people
- Leadership and management skills to help with career progression
- A commitment to continuing professional development throughout your career.
- Installation -- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Management of Material Resources -- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Systems Evaluation -- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- HND or degree in electrical or electronic engineering, or engineering technology and a minimum of 5 years’ working experience.
- Experience and /or knowledge of the food manufacturing industry are an added advantage.
This is a full-time position, based in Sagamu, Ogun State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545091 to apply for this job .