A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for directing or coordinating production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examining existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Directing the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Logistics/supply chain operational experience essential
- Highly numerate
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner to meet timescales and deadlines is essential
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and good overall PC skills
- Knowledge of import/export procedures desirable
- Team player
- Complex problem solving
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Project management
- Cost accounting
- E-business/e-procurement systems
- Global awareness
- Good business ethics
- An understanding of legal contracts.
- Demonstrating experience reducing cost or improving efficiency
- Possessing experience in customer-facing position
- Having professional planning experience
- Showing some knowledge of ERP systems
- HND or degree in Logistics, International transport, Supply chain management, Transport management and/or a minimum of 3-5 years’ working experience.
- Experience and /or knowledge of the food manufacturing industry are an added advantage.
- Employment Terms
- This is a full-time position, based in Sagamu, Ogun State. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545090 to apply for this job .