Plan International Nigeria is part of the global federation of Plan International. Plan International works in 52 developing countries including Nigeria across Africa, Asia and the Americans, Plan’s Global Strategic Goal (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s rights and Equality for Girls and our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized through the delivery of high-quality Programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
To be responsible for management of Toll-free helplines, CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data
including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the
program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Dimensions of Role
The post holder will work as part of emergency response unit in Maiduguri Borno while also supporting Adamawa state. He/she will support with management of toll free
- helpline program activities, documentation, feedback and reporting. The role requires a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Key End Results and typical Responsibilities Programme development & Quality Management
- Support the set up and implementation of a Beneficiary Complaint and Response Mechanism for humanitarian projects
- Receive calls on the toll free line
- Provide adequate response and referral for the callers
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the helplines
- Provide detailed summaries of complaints issues to line manager for operational meetings and forums
- With the support of the line manager identify complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Support the community mobilization and M&E officers the management and analysis of other sources of complaints such as suggestion boxes, community meetings etc
- Provide reports as requested concerning complaints received from the helpline
- Receive, investigate and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of Program/field Managers
- Follow up on complaints and feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Negotiate suitable resolutions to complaints with the beneficiaries under the direction of the
- Program/Field Manager
Bringing hearts and minds together for children
Human Resource Development
- Support in strengthening program & administrative records, documentation and control for the humanitarian unit.
- Learning and knowledge management
- Shares relevant information with the Humanitarian Unit and support the proper documentation of all transactions on the projects.
Support resource mobilization efforts through contribution to budget preparation for proposal writing and related engagement for the humanitarian unit.
Dealing with Problems
- Use Plan procedures to settle conflicts among colleagues;
- Resolve problems that are not covered by established process.
- Analyse possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Refer, whenever necessary, the case to the Project Manager and other relevant parties for consideration.
- Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Prepare and submit relevant programmatic and administrative/logistics reports for domestic consumption.
- Work with team to gather timely responses concerning programmatic queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Project Manager or delegate;
- Work amicably with other members of the Plan International Nigeria team including finance, administration, procurement committee and the humanitarian team in Abuja,
- Adamawa and Borno states to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc or HND in related area Economics, Commerce, Public or Business administration courses.
- At least 1year practical work experience in similar role.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to communicate in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Basic programmatic and administrative skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player
- Provides good and adequate administrative support to enable the humanitarian projects meet
- agreed program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Physical Environment and Demands
Based in Maiduguri which is a high security volatile area
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545033 to apply for this job .