A reputable organization is seeking to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Technical Operations
- Plant Engineering
- Supervises and coordinates all operating activities and generation output relating to the designated steam turbines.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the generating unit to generate optimal revenue
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the end to end availability management of the designated units
- Responsible for the profit and loss account of the designated units
- Coordination with maintenance department to run the designated units smoothly
- Supervise the utilization of plant resources to ensure uninterrupted unit operations and employee/ plant safety
- Ensure operation of unit gear is within the identified optimized efficiency domain for higher cost savings
- Ensure and manage the performance of the units within the periodic operating plans
- Ensure compliance with the MIS requirements of the units
- Manage day to day shift operations in conjunction with the Shift In-charges
- Oversee and supervise the activity of all shifts and provide decision support to shift in-charge
- Manage operational problems related to the plant -technical and administrative
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective, safe and reliable operation of the designated units
- Ensure high availability and dispatch of the designated units as per schedule
- Ensure adherence to start up parameters and system requirements
- Resource planning for manpower, materials and annual contracts
- Ensure adherence to safety, environment, ISO 18000(OHSAS) and other statutory norms
- Coordinate commissioning/re-commissioning activities of new systems or equipment during overhauls of the units
- Responsible for all operating activities directly relating to the generation turbine, boiler & BOP of the designated units.
- Oversee the evaluation, collating and reporting efficiency, fuel consumption, etc. of the designated units
- Ensure implementation of agreed operating procedures on the designated units
- Management of running hour and shut down hour of the designated units
- Conducts performance tests & develop improvement method for the designated units
- Conduct performance review of subordinates
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience with at least three (3) years at management level and significant exposure to power plant operations and generation
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of operations of the steam turbine power plant and its components – generation turbine, boiler, BOP, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance systems, contract system and procedures, material issue and return procedure
- Understanding of the National Grid code, system controls, etc.
- Ability to comprehend OEM manuals and leverage them to develop standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Knowledge of Commissioning
- Knowledge of key machine performance characteristics
- Maintenance and operations planning skills
- Competence to identify, measure and improve performance on key operating parameters of the operations of the power plant
- Ability to identify impending problems and take preventive measures
- Analytical ability for technical problem solving
- Cost and efficiency consciousness
- Knowledge of power plant chemistry
- Knowledge of safety, environment, OHSAS and other statutory norms
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/544818 to apply for this job .