A reputable financial institution is looking to fill the above position with a qualified and suitable person.
- A professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and be running smoothly all the time. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering both backend data structure and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format, and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Has at least 4 years experience in Oracle Database Administration. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL and other popular databases will be added advantage
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues
- Knowledge of query optimization
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) ( Active Dataguard ) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle databases
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and database statistics
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration and
- database patching
- Candidate must be able to build database systems of high availability
- Candidate must be able to provide proactive and reactive data management support
- Candidate must be able to implement release of database changes
- Experience in the implementation of database replication solutions
- Knowledge of users access permissions and privileges
- Proficient in Oracle Database 11g and above
- Understanding of Oracle Engineered Systems
- Proficient with Unix (Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat, HP-UX) and Windows Operating System
- Good knowledge of database backup and recovery (RMAN)
- Knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
- Experience with Oracle Grid Infrastructure.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/544754 to apply for this job .