A Hospitality/Leisure firm is in need of a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Keeping track of the latest legislation and ensuring staff, guests and clients are working within a safe and compliant environment is a crucial deliverable for the company and this role will play a major role in setting and policing policy.
- The candidate for this position must have significant experience of managing safety and compliance within a demanding environment where employee, client and guest well-being is essential. This role will work with all Managers to promote, support and establish a positive safety culture within the company. As a key team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the company portfolio meets all current compliance and safety legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, develop and implement all aspects of the company’s health and safety policy and activity
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation
- Undertake investigations into any accidents which may occur within support office and cinema site.
- Identify and present business case proposals for projects and initiatives related to health and safety/compliance.
- Be available on call to respond within a specified time period to any accidents, near misses which may occur within the business
- Liaise with the business development, facility, human resource and cinemas managers, to ensure consistency of approach to Health and Safety across the sites.
- Vetting, selection of suppliers and specialist subcontractors.
- Communicating clearly with all sites and produce regular activity reports detailing among other things incidents and near misses.
- Helping sites put standard systems and processes in place and striving towards ISO accreditation.
- Audit site log books and compliance documentation to ensure that all records are up to date and correct.
- Identify any gaps in compliance and produce action plans to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Regularly update and review the company risk register to ensure that all risk items are correctly identified and being addressed in order of priority
Risk Assessment and Audits
- Advising on all aspects of Health, Safety, and Welfare across sites.
- Undertake all forms of risk assessments as and when required within sites.
- Client liaison and completion of health and safety / statutory compliance audits.
- Conducting internal audits and assisting with any external audits as and when required.
- Follow up and where possible complete all actions or improvements resulting from the above risk assessments.
- Follow up and where possible ensure that all actions / non-compliances resulting from the audit are completed.
- Co-coordinating annual improvement plans
Training and Development
- Design and deliver training sessions on key areas of the company’s activities in relation to Health and Safety and support the delivery of other training programs, eg induction sessions, individual sessions with Managers and Team members.
- Work closely with the Human Resource and Managers with all training requirements
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in respect of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Develop and deliver health and safety training to any areas identified within the company
- Keeping all necessary records, which demonstrate that the company is fully compliant
- Prepare and present reports as and when required
- Understand and demonstrate the company’s core values and attributes
- Represent yourself as per the Company Grooming Standards
- Confidently build professional relationship with our clients
- Conversant and Compliant with the Operations Training & Standards manual (OTS)
- Know and understand the tools, systems and equipment’s available to you and the guests
- Attend regular training sessions on site
- Undertake any other relevant duties across the company
- Travel to all sites, performing periodic audits and checks
- Enabling smooth and successful audit by external parties
- Minimum of a 2:2 from a reputable university
- Must be a certified health and safety manager
- Must have completed NYSC
Essential Key Competencies
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of managing safety & legislation within the offices sector or corporate sector
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific H&S risks and provide recommendations for appropriate solutions to mitigate those risks
- A clear understanding of the latest safety & compliance legislation obligations
- Experience in customer service from a good working environment
- Lead by example
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a fast-changing work environment
- Experience of working within a diverse team and portfolio
- Strong audit skills
- Ability to conduct due diligence surveys as part of a sale or disposal process
- Strong safety related experience in managing PPM and projects
- Quality assurance experience, both creating and helping keep the accreditation
- Ability to work flexible working hours when required
- Ability to produce professional and regular progress reports including accident, near miss and any other associated safety and maintenance trend statistics
- Ability to react rationally and calmly under pressure
- Competent literacy essential eg Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level of creativity, energy, and resolve
- Must reside in Lagos or its environs
- Embodies resilience
- Acts and speaks with confidence
- Empowered by self- development
- Ability to forge strong relationships
- Self-starter, requiring little or no supervision.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/544631 to apply for this job .