Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
You'll Contribute to Ending World Hunger By:
- Overseeing the development ,
- Appropriate implementation and
- Coordination of Action Against Hunger Nigeria’s multi-sectoral emergency program strategy in Nigeria under a rapid response mechanism (RRM).
Key Activities in your role will include:
- Oversee Nigeria emergency/rapid response programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency program portfolio.
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of a dedicated security plan for rapid response mechanism (RRM) interventions in line with Action Against Hunger standards and procedures.
- Support DCD HP to develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors’ representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other humanitarian organizations.
- Oversee the overall implementation of emergency programs at field level.
- Represent Action Against Hunger emergency programmes.
Does this description fit you?
- You have a bachelor degree in International Development, Political or Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related field. (Masters Degree Preferred)
- You have at least 6 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 3 years of experience in management.
- You have significant experience with INGOs, particularly in complex emergencies and high-security
- You have essential experience in rapid response mechanism implementation/coordination in similar contexts.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, DFID, OFDA, etc.) .
- You have proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
- You have a Strong analytical capacity for program design and development.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have previously worked in Nigeria or similar context with conflict/access analysis ability.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/544300 to apply for this job .