Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one.
True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel.
At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
Sounds great right? Keep reading.
Since the beginning, our goal has been to develop services that significantly improve the lives of as many people as possible.
Not just for some. For everyone.
Are you passionate about technology and think you’ve got what it takes to help us make Google the most innovative, digitally savvy, and profitable company in the world?
Do you know your C# from your COBOL and your MVC from your SQL?
If yes, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily.
- As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Google Station is an exciting initiative under the umbrella of the Next Billion Users group within Google, aimed at enabling internet connectivity for individuals who have poor or no access to the internet worldwide.
- The Google Station team is deploying Google networking services in partnership with local ISPs to deliver high-quality access. Services supported by Google Station will serve as a reference point for public WiFi access in developed and developing markets.
- As a Technical Program Manager in Lagos, you'll manage the coordination of Google Station and partner resources to bring multiple products and markets to fruition on time, with a high level of quality.
- This will be achieved through the design and implementation of scalable, repeatable process and project tracking. You will interface with partnership and business development, engineering and operations, product management, other Technical Program Managers within Google Station and external vendors.
- Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible.
- We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with core teams to develop and articulate tactical plans and long term strategy for Google Station deployments. Initiate new programs in response to business needs.
- Manage various programs of work while engaging internal and external teams in order to set the pace for development, deployment and delivery of networking systems and infrastructure.
- Develop and prepare project documentation, process maps, presentations and tracking reports to provide detailed current status of each project.
- Use your technical judgment to manage project delivery and technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- Analyze quantitative execution and system performance data and translate into recommendations and actionable plans, interpreting technical and commercial information from structured and unstructured sources.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a Project Management role, aligning multiple groups around a single objective.
- Experience with internet networking technologies (switching, routing, TCP, security) and deployments.
- Experience with enterprise or carrier Wi-Fi or IP network deployment projects.
- Experience in the management of complex projects.
- Experience in Wi-Fi deployment, optimization and maintenance in municipal or enterprise environment including multiple access points per site.
- Comfortability with operating in a fast-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks, manage time efficiently and navigate ambiguity.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543877 to apply for this job .