The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines.
In our offices around the world, we are meeting the challenges facing commercial aviation, the world's most exciting industry.
Our people are making a difference as air transport connects products to markets and people to the business, friends, family, and new experiences.
Our team is committed to represent, lead, and serve the air transport industry.
Here at IATA, we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices.
If you share our values and are up to the challenge, please click the apply button immediately.
- Reporting to the Regional Director, Safety and Flight Operations (SFO), the incumbent will have primary accountability within SFO for enhancing airline operational safety and helping to facilitate the implementation of IATA Safety and Flight Operations objectives.
- The incumbent will work closely with other IATA divisions, Government Authorities, Director Generals of Civil Aviation Authorities (DGCAA’s), international agencies including International civil Aviation Organizations (ICAO) as well with Member and Non-member Airlines.
- In collaboration with Account Managers, establish and maintain close working relationships with Civil Aviation Administrations, Air Navigation Service providers, ICAO Office representation, relevant inter-governmental agencies and with other associations within the cluster
- Act on behalf of IATA member airlines to advocate safe, efficient and cost effective operations in accordance with IATA’s Industry Priorities and objectives and promote IATA requirements, technical and operational policies, products and services to agencies within the region;
- Promote industry best practices to help establish operational requirements and regional policies within the framework of IATA’s global ATM Infrastructure, flight operations;
- Identify pending regulatory changes and coordinate IATA and airline input to these changes;
- Represent member-airlines in working closely with the regional ICAO offices, relevant government agencies and regional organization to advocate IATA technical policies and resolve operational issues
- Deliver on short, medium term and long-term objectives to benefit members and the strategies required to achieve them in accordance with the association governance policy and consultation with coordination groups;
- Respond to tactical issues arising in day to day operations in the region;
- Coordinate contingency measures in case of disruptions, advise members on available courses of action and monitor progress;
- Support achieving IATA revenue generating targets through promotion of IATA solutions
- Advocate with relevant partners for a timely and appropriate development and maintenance of the cluster air traffic infrastructure; this includes active involvement with regard to Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU) implementation
- Directly support the creation of new industry initiatives to enhance safety and efficiency including work to mitigate aviation’s impact on the environment
- Manage projects related to Safety and Flight Operations supporting, leading and driving IATA, eg technical missions/round tables and ICAO activities, PBN Support Team activities
- Assist with implementation of IATA fuel and operational policies leading to reduction of CO2 emissions such as fuel efficient procedures such as User Preferred Routing (UPR), Constant Climb Operations (CCO) and Constant Decent Operations (CDO).
- Facilitate Africa and Indian Ocean Countries (AFI) Incident Analysis Group (AIAG).
Team Work and Expert Knowledge
- Collaborate with and support the wider team in an agile way;
- Partner with regional Subject Matter Experts to ensure a constant upskilling and regional capacity building;
- Provide timely reports regarding progress of work of the set objectives
- Maintain a proactive relationship with Subject Matter Experts at Headquarter level where applicable and benefit from expert guidance;
- Support fostering a culture of inclusion, integrity, team spirit, strategic thinking, partnering, innovative pioneering and acting with a human touch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or any other relevant discipline or equivalent technical standard or experience (CPL, ATC)
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of experience in airline flight operations and/or Airport and Air Traffic Management and related technology
- Working knowledge of ICAO standards and recommended practices, best practices and other procedures in civil aviation operations
- Working knowledge of air navigation concepts with the emphasis on Communications/ Navigation /Surveillance and aviation environmental matters;
- Experience in networking with and influencing stakeholders, governments and other institutions on aviation matters
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English and French (CEFR: C1) and Arabic (CEFR:B2) where applicable
- Advanced degree is an asset eg MBA
- IPL or ATC license is an asset
- Experience in successful public speaking engagements, in making effective presentations to varying audiences and in preparing reports based on technical merits and facts
- Previous Experience in managing, leading or overseeing projects is an asset
- Prior experience in commercial is an asset
- Proficiency in CRMs (Salesforce)
- Proficiency in regional languages (CEFR B1)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543871 to apply for this job .