INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Purpose of the Position
- The WaSH Supervisor will be based in Ngala, with one or two trips to Maiduguri. S/he will be responsible for the implementation of trainings to beneficiaries, awareness campaigns, community outreach events on Hygiene promotion and WaSH facilities maintenance, Water Management Committees, data collection, promoting community ownership of all INTERSOS activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene in Ngala, Borno State.
- Create information material on hygiene promotion and maintenance of WASH facilities and boreholes built by INTERSOS.
- Conduct intensive trainings for the beneficiaries on maintenance of the WAHS facilities.
- Monitor the drinking water quality and treatment (Chlorination), if needed.
- Supervise Water and Sanitation construction projects ensuring Health & safety guide lines are adhered to for the entire duration of the contract.
- Provide inputs and suggestions on activities to put in place.
- Participate in drafting new proposals of activities, including the technical descriptions and the budget associated with them.
- Work along with the project team in all the processes of selecting, designing, implementing and monitoring the WASH activities by meetings and good communication.
- Regularly inform the project manager verbally and with written reports on the state and progress of the activities and the problems and/or solutions identified.
- Ensure community participation in all WASH activities.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
- Participate in organizing all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions.
- Attend the Co-ordination meetings, conduct needs assessments of the area whenever requested, inform and co-ordinate the WASH activities with the other agencies and actors carrying out similar activities.
- Must have a minimum of Diploma in Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or relevant University Degree in the same field.
- A minimum of years’ experience in WASH, preferably with humanitarian organization
- Knowledge of Computer-aided design and Microsoft Office – AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, MS
- Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
- Language: English is mandatory and knowledge of local language is an asset
- Strong humanitarian commitment
- Quality: dynamic, autonomous, proactive, flexible, take initiative.
- Availability to work in Ngala, Borno State.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s clearly indicating the position on the email subject) or deliver application to INTERSOS office in Maiduguri at old GRA, Doctor's Quarters in a seal envelop with the title of the post clearly marked.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543868 to apply for this job .