Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium brings more than 50 years of experience applying rigorous, evidence-led methodologies to international development. Our work covers health, education, economic growth, governance, environmental issues, informatics, workforce development, and monitoring and evaluation, offering innovative approaches that support the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of development programs.
- Our presence extends across more than 90 countries, creating positive impact over 100 projects through the dedication of 2,000+ project and home office staff.
- Palladium seeks an Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program, an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, its potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
- Lead in the development and implementation of IHP Knowledge Management Strategy
- Identify, document and share IHP most significant change stories, lessons learnt and best practices using a malt-media platform.
- Working with other technical leads to constantly develop materials to update IHP with case studies, process documents, research briefs and other publications of the project.
- Work with other technical leads in compiling quarterly reports and an annual IHP project highlighting the key project progress.
- Constantly update the IHP team with key publications, reports and news features related to IHP specific subject matter in Nigeria.
- Build linkages and partnerships with media companies to promote ongoing conversation about important and sensitive health-related issues in Nigeria.
- Work with the local print and electronic media partners to promote Integrated Health Program research findings and programmatic learning, specifically targeting policy makers through strategic and cost-effective communication approaches.
- Develop and package community voices on specific advocacy issues and amplify them using strategic communication approaches.
- Experience in Health Communications and Knowledge Management in Nigeria
- Experience in Health reporting in Nigeria
- Master's Degree or higher in Public Health, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, Communication or a related technical degree.
- Experience: 5 years of prior experience within this field required
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written, is required.
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Strong facilitation skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543780 to apply for this job .