Network Arewa24 Limited is the company that owns and manages AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000).
- Network Arewa24 Limited (“AREWA24”) is in search of an innovative and experienced executive leader who can provide guidance and inspiration to a motivated programming and production staff
- This executive must have a creative vision and the ability to develop and implement a successful long-term programming strategy as well as identify and champion new and innovative programming concepts and formats
- This executive must also have superior execution skills and a track record of milestone achievements and success.
- The new Head of Programming and Production will oversee all AREWA24 programming, productions, independently-commissioned productions, operations, and creative development for the channel and will report directly to the company’s CEO.
- Oversee all program development, in-house original productions, post production, and content acquisition.
- Manage and supervise all in-house production and programming personnel; manage budgets, forecasts, resource allocation and other finance and administrative functions.
- Manage and oversee productions by outside independent program producers and the licensing of international content to be dubbed into Hausa in the studio dubbing studios.
- Develop program schedules
- Develop and Oversee on-air promos, Channel IDs and tune-ins promos.
- Work closely with the AREWA24 Business, Commercial and Ad Sales team to support the channel’s distribution on various payTV platforms and ad sales with the major agencies and consumer brand clients.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the Nigeria television marketplace in general, and AREWA24’s Hausa language marketplace in particular, to spot new trends and develop high quality content that appeals to the channel’s target audiences.
- Formulate an aggressive, forward-looking strategy using and extending existing investments in infrastructure, process and staff. Emphasis is on building the stable of original break-through television hits, expanding brand awareness, monitoring viewership and ratings, supporting distribution and maximizing service to distributors.
- Successfully execute NAL’s business plan, including oversight of programming and production budgets and spending.
- Build a results-oriented and flexible organization that attracts and challenges the best, brightest and most diverse talent; and that fosters open communications and encourages a participative team-oriented approach to management.
- Foster a positive, success-oriented work culture and serve as a leader who promotes teamwork, guidance, creativity, innovation and the desire to be the best.
- Optimize ratings by leveraging programming inventory, primary research and programming line-up strategies, including the development of signature series, programming blocks that appeal to viewers and advertisers and special event programming, among other strategies and tactics.
- Through the development of new and acquired programming, ensure the brand and content remain true to the vision and the integrity of the AREWA24 channel.
- Integrate marketing and social media in the development and implementation of on-air promotion strategies and to better evaluate content against a cohesive business strategy.
- Supervise marketing efforts to ensure consistent communications of the channel’s position to all constituents through on and off-air promotion and marketing activities and to create programs that increase exposure of the channel, build viewer awareness/loyalty and drive ratings growth.
- Work with NAL Operations personnel to ensure the consistent delivery of the channel and prevent service interruptions.
- Monitor competitive programming trends in the business; thoroughly understand the new trends and embrace new technologies and program and production opportunities to create new revenue opportunities.
- Identify and target emerging new market segments and implement marketing strategies that capitalize on marketplace opportunities.
- Mentor the studio staff in best practices and champion ongoing professional development.
Reporting and Scope:
- The position reports directly to the CEO.
Key Performance Indicators
- A decisive, performance-driven and inspirational leader with strong interpersonal skills who will develop and communicate a vision and motivate executives and staff to realize their capabilities while achieving the company’s overall objectives.
- A creative thinker with strong analytical skills to develop strategies for profitable business growth.
- A passionate personality who has the ability to serve as the face and champion of AREWA24 in helping to build and professionalize media in Northern Nigeria.
- Collaborative consensus builder who is capable of recruiting and working with a strong team of managers and producers to build relationships inside and outside the company.
- Recognizes the value that Hausa language programming brings to a vast and rapidly growing segment of the market. Must bring a fresh eye and a passion for this genre, set of demographics and psychographics.
- Self-motivated, hungry, goal-oriented person with a drive to succeed and a burning desire to build and grow a business.
- Possesses unquestionable business and personal character and ethics.
- Can troubleshoot with an eye toward anticipating, identifying and forming solutions to problems.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for results. Able to make the tough decisions.
- Must be articulate and display clear and dynamic communication skills in English, and preferably as well in Hausa – oral, written and presentation.
- Honest and straight forward; tells it like it is and is willing to go fight for what they believe.
- Has a strong executive presence underscored by grace and diplomacy.
- College Degree required; an Advanced Degree in a relevant helpful or the equivalent in experience, achievements and track record.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Executive Producer, Manager, or other executive at a television channel, local broadcast station, or major production company.
- Demonstrated experience and skills as a television/movie screenwriter, producer, director, talent, and/or other relevant production, post-production experience.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a programming vision for a Hausa language television network as it relates to content, image, relevant local messages and markets.
- Keen instincts and experience in attracting top talent, casting and finding the ‘diamond in the rough’.
- Brings a passion and fresh eye for quality programming for today’s Hausa speakers.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and motivating strong teams through growth and change successfully.
- Strong marketing/branding experience and knowledge of the revenue and commercial sides of the business
- Proven ability to articulate a programming vision for a cable channel as it relates to content, brand image, message and markets.
- Substantial experience in programming satellite television networks, program acquisitions and the creation and development of breakthrough, long-form original programming that has achieved sustained ratings success.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543768 to apply for this job .