Ketcheon Engineering Services (KES) is a leading 100% indigenous Nigerian company established in 2004 to provide a broad spectrum of services and expertise to the Energy and Oil & Gas (onshore and offshore) sectors. This broad capability enables us to offer our customers the full range from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning to Maintenance Management. With branch offices in Abuja and Lagos, and the head office situated in Port Harcourt, KES is well placed to undertake projects both nationwide and throughout West Africa.
- We are looking for an experienced Procurement Engineer to oversee the purchasing of technical goods and services for the industrial operation. Procurement Engineer should have very detailed knowledge of engineering equipment, materials and supplies used in the industry, and should be able to identify companies that sell them.
- Evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements with them, as well as maintain the inventory of supplies.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Proven working experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Bsc degree in Engineering or any related field.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543765 to apply for this job .