GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide. GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
Job Family - Financial Control:
- Prepares and distributes periodic financial statements for users other than those directly employed by the organisation. Ensures all reports and disclosures comply with applicable government regulations, professional standards and organisation policies.
- Prepares consolidation journal entries, eliminates intercompany transactions, and consolidated divisional and subsidiary financial accounts on a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements.
Job Family Group - Finance:
- Develops, implements and maintains the financial plans and policies of the organisation.
- Establishes fiscal controls, prepares financial reports, maintains relations with investment and banking communities, advises management on financial affairs and assists in long-range planning.
- Responsibilities may include accounting, financial analysis, audit, tax, credit and collections.
- Finance Compliance Manager role is to operate on behalf of and provide support to the Senior Finance Director on all legal and compliance matters.
- Ensure adherence of structuring to group guidelines and local tax & regulatory requirements.
- Implement the financial control and risk assessment framework across all business units and functions in the market.
- Provide support to Senior FD in identifying the internal and external financial compliance requirements.
- Provide support in the rectification/remediation of local finance related findings reported in internal and external audit reports.
- Provide training on finance compliance and new financial & corporate policies to all finance employees in market.
- Liaise with Nigeria Compliance Officer on finance related requests and identify areas for improvement (back-end monitoring compliance).
- Liaise with Tax on tax related policies and matters.
- Support Senior FD in reviewing accounting policies (P2P eg one time vendor of authority & T&E policy; and R2R eg net fixed assets and intangible asset values) policies, and performing periodic asset impairment test.
- Point of contact for Finance Partners to validate judgmental transactions included in the statutory accounts e.g. provisions, accruals, write offs etc.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Country Finance Board and supporting the Senior FD in their role as the chair.
- Developing and maintaining Finance Business Continuity Plans and Finance risk maps.
- Manage legal and statutory compliance aspects of new business set up and Business Development activities.
- Oversee, manage and coordinate with Audit and Assurance (A&A), Independent Business Monitoring(IBM) team and other internal auditor’s requirements and management of CAPAs on findings.
- Management of external audit action plans and findings.
- Ensure robust internal controls in place and adhere and manage Sarbox and IFRS requirements with guidance from Corporate.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in internal / external auditing, internal controls, risk management, and accounting.
- Excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel, power point and financial modeling skills.
- SAP Experience is preferred.
- CPA / ACCA is a plus.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543561 to apply for this job .