Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Context of the Role
- The role of automation engineer (Packaging) is responsible for driving and embedding best in class asset care and maintenance systems for all electrical and automation/electronics machinery on the hi-tech packaging lines.
- Expertise in the electrical/electronics/automation engineering is a rare and scarce resource in Nigeria and there is high level of competition amongst oil, gas, telecom and manufacturing industries for the few engineers who specialised in this area.
- GN strive to recruit, retain the very best of specialist engineers in packaging to maintain and consistently deliver best in class electrical, electronics and automation systems to guarantee reliability and consistent performance of the lines.
Purpose of the Role
- Lead and manage electrical, electronics and automation systems in the Brewery packaging lines to ensure maximum plant availability
- Complements the Mechanical Engineering team on the packaging lines to ensure optimum output.
- Plant maintenance of all PLCs and SCADA Systems on Planned Maintenance basis.
- Plant maintenance High & Low Voltage electrical Systems in the Brewery Packaging lines.
- Maintain all Electrical Drives and controls on the packaging.
- Resolve all electrical/electronics/automation breakdowns and issues on the packaging lines.
- Drives the planned maintenance programme for all electrical, electronics and automation systems on the packaging lines – Benin has 4 packaging lines and Ogba 3 packaging lines.
- Influence the choice of new technology adopted in all future packaging machines and plants.
- Accountable for the routine maintenance of various hi-tech packaging equipment including Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) and SCADA systems on the Brewery packaging lines.
- Identify and delivers all training needs for the electrical and electronics technicians on the job and coaching for identified instrumentation skill gaps.
- Resolves all Automation and Electrical related tasks and breakdowns on the packaging lines to guarantee plant availability to deliver target volumes on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain and execute audit plans for all statutory regulations and engineering standards for all Electrical and Automation Systems in packaging.
- HND/University Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Master’s degree and/or professional membership with Nigerian Society of Engineers (COREN) may be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a brewing or FMCG manufacturing environment directly supporting Electrics, automation and PLC (Siemens Experience Preferred), SCADA and DCS.
- Deep knowledge of new and evolving technology and wide range SCADA system versions and their applications with detailed knowledge of PLC Steps 5 and 7 and Programming.
- Enhanced skills on Brewery HV/LV distribution systems and electrical drives control automation systems.
- Working knowledge of Permit to Work (PTW) systems, with good asset care management skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/543305 to apply for this job .