Oxfam is an international confederation of 20 organizations working together with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries.
Everyone has a right to realize their potential, and to live free of poverty in a secure and more equitable world.
We believe that with the necessary action and political will, this world is possible.
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job.
As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 19 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries.
As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice.
Working for Oxfam will open up the world to you in a way that no other single poverty charity can do.
Do you believe?
We hope you do and we are ready to prove it to you.
Click apply now.
- To provide strategic leadership for all aspects of human resources management to ensure that the emergency response program is provided with high quality HR services, can attract and retain talented staff, and operates within a culture that both inspires staff to work to their full potential and is reflective of Oxfam values.
- To enable Oxfam in NE Nigeria to respond in an appropriate, timely fashion to the overall emergency response needs. To increase the impact of Oxfam’s emergency response through effective assessment, monitoring of the situation and providing appropriate response.
Strategy and Culture (10%):
- Provides sound leadership and advice to the senior management on all aspects of HR policy, practice and strategy, including talent management, performance management, recruitment, rewards, workforce planning, health and safety, and workplace relations and culture
- Supports and develops an environment amongst SMT members of openness, honesty and respect as a baseline to management of organisational climate
- Supports a culture of constructive feedback and reception to feedback (mentoring and coaching as a culture)
Performance Management (20%):
- Audits the alignment of objectives across all functions in the response programme to ensure that they demonstrate clear links to wider organisational objectives, and that they are relevant for performance management purposes
- Ensures alignment of staff objectives with those at a more senior level and is responsible for driving the realignment in cases of divergence
- Develops and supports a performance management culture and ensures the compliance of line managers with the Oxfam Performance Management cycle, providing support through the provision of communications, training, materials and reminders, and records performance review results on HRMIS
- Advises and supports line managers for effective management of under performance in accordance with Oxfam policies and processes, providing support through any disciplinary process, support in the development of Performance Improvement. Plans that are commensurate with the issue and the time required to reasonably expect evidence of improvement, and counsels and mediates in appraisal discussions
- Provides detailed advice and problem resolution on complex and sensitive policy interpretation and procedural issues to line managers and staff
- Supports line managers in the measurement and management of performance during probation to enable timely interventions and is responsible for managing a fair probation extension/ termination decision process
Rewards and Benefits (20%):
- Manages timely clearance of leavers and ensures end of contract payments are made in a timely manner
- Ensures Oxfam salary, benefits and reward administration adheres to country laws and are in line with organisational policy and practice, and that all records are accurately kept on the system
- Provides guidance and advice to line managers in relation to pay, benefits and market supplements applicable for new posts/recruits and conducts other pay reviews in accordance with pay policy and level/ job family of role
- Approves flexible pay within powers devolved to country HR by Reward Shared Services, ensuring a consistency of approach across cases
- Records all pay above minimum decisions for audit and annual pay review process purposes
- Ensures the maintenance of current and accurate staff data in HRMIS and maintains current and accurate hard files for all staff
- Consults with Reward Shared Services for pay elements, allowances and benefits that are outside the relevant devolved Reward policy limits
- Manages the administration and payment of benefits policies as specified in staff contracts and in HR policies and procedures (per diem, medical, pension etc)
Recruitment and Workplace Relations (25%):
- Leads in developing a resourcing strategy for the response in line with Oxfam recruitment policy.
- Proactively guides and supports recruitment managers in designing and developing job profiles
- Ensures accurate and complete record of recruitment activity and results are kept and available for review.
- Leads recruitment for scale up in the event of a humanitarian response and also leads process to scale down upon transition to development programming
- Develops and maintains a current roster of staff for humanitarian response, collaborating with technical leads as necessary
- Leads in managing and investigating staff relations cases: grievances, appeals, discipline, as well as safeguarding issues and cases, seeking legal advice as required
- Leads in ensuring compliance with HR internal policies, procedures, and regulations and that these are applied in a fair and equitable manner
- Ensures an effective working relationship with staff representatives and proposes and implements changes in HR policies due to changes in local employment legislation or agreements with the staff association.
- Develops and implements a staff welfare plan and monitors compliance with and actively enforces implementation of health and safety and other legislation.
Learning and Development (5%):
- Leads in the design and implementation of a learning and development plan in support of the Oxfam humanitarian programmes, ensuring the adoption of sustainable L&OD frameworks that help to develop the capacity of national staff to perform optimally in their roles
- Leads in ensuring that L&D is maximized by measuring impact of training programmes and ensuring that learning is shared across the organization
- Develops and coordinates a comprehensive induction programme for all new staff, and in particular is responsible for delivery of effective HR training for staff in scale up situations
- Promotes and co-ordinates coaching and mentoring training programmes.
- Overview management and non-disruptive operations at the field level, specifically in Maiduguri.
- Contribute to staff appraisals for all staff under matrix management. Where relevant, contribute to job descriptions and staff selection in Admin team.
- Support team members professionally and monitor/ support stress management.
- Maintain good inter-team communications and engender positive team dynamics
- Monitor staff welfare in the field sites and ensure appropriate steps are taken to improve living and working conditions where necessary
- Manage, supervise and support the work of the programme teams.
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, clearance procedures are followed for departing staff members, and that staff members are debriefed at the end of their employment.
- Maintain good inter-team communications and develop and maintain positive team dynamics.
- Ensure that Oxfam’s national staff policies and procedures are understood and correctly followed.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resources, with at least 3 years in a management role, preferably within an INGOs
- Demonstrable experience of operating in an HR advisory capacity
- A thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of HR Management including: employee relations, change management, staff handbooks, resourcing, rewards, performance management, and learning and development
- Demonstrated experience of strategic leadership and capacity building across HR functions
- Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a development and/or humanitarian context
- High level of influencing skills with proven ability to establish credibility at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of improving efficiency and effectiveness in areas of responsibility
- Sound understanding of and commitment to gender mainstreaming
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or relevant discipline.
What We Offer
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in Nigerian National Pay Scale.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/542078 to apply for this job .