The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities
- Support to country office supply planning process.
- Support to programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of Purchase, asset and service requisition and Sales orders
- Support in market survey and maintains an effective and robust supplier database
- Prepares bidding documents, drafts CRC submissions, raise PO, sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions in compliant to financial rules
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building of both supply colleagues and implementing partners
- Support to country office supply planning process and its execution:
- Researches into the market and intranet to ensure adequate price information, realistic DATs are set in the planning stages.
- Liaison with all sections assigned to him/her to ensure the supply plan is in place and collated before the end of first quarter.
- Ensure all collated supply plan are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.
- Support to programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of purchase requisitions:
- Interact with Programme / operation Sections in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e. Supply Requisitions (accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic DATs and coding in line with Supply Manual).
- Undertakes reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for GIT (goods in transit) updates, monitoring of Contracts for closure, etc
- Support in market survey and maintains an effective and robust supplier database:
- Researches into the open market and intranet to ppre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensuring adequate records of these vendors in VISION.
- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors
- Analyzing vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend non performing vendors to the Supply and Logistic Manager for appropriate action.
- Prepares bidding documents, draft CRC submission, raise POs, sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions:
- Prepares bidding documents (RFQ/RFP, ITB) circulation same to UNICEF registered vendors, conducts bid opening in liaison with supervisor and other sections, bid tabulation, draft CRC submission and raise PO.
- Monitoring POs to ensure UNICEF obtains delivery promptly and according to the set DATs
- Conducts pre-delivery inspection of high value POs as per supply manual and NCO supply SoP. Documenting the results and filing them approriately
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on status of PO and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of performance indicators.
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building of both supply colleagues and implementing partners:
- Conducts end user monitoring in liaison with programme colleagues and recording gaps in that process
- Supports capacity development activities to colleagues and government partners related to performance monitoring, good procurement and logistic practices
- Preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to supply and logistics chain value system
- Undertake any other supply/programme related assignments depending on the office priorities and as assigned by supervisor.
Impact of Results:
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the Supply assistant to the section would facilitates the timely delivery of supply component to the overall UNICEF Nigeria programme in Nigeria, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF's capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
- Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Drive for result
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
- Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in the functional area of supply and procurement.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN language and local language of the duty station, an asset.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/542052 to apply for this job .