Oolu is one of the fastest growing off-grid solar companies in West Africa. Our vision is to be a leading energy and financial services provider to millions of customers in the developing world.
Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to offer high-quality solar products on an affordable financing plan.
We are proud of our after-sales commitment, with replacement parts under warranty and customer service representatives who speak the local languages of our customers.
Oolu has built one of the best distribution teams in all of Africa.
We’ve attracted top management talent and provided hundreds of jobs in rural regions.
Problem solvers and creative thinkers are the qualities we need from our team.
If you would love to work with us at Oolu, We'd love to hear from you.
- Launch and lead all Oolu activities in a new market: The business developer is highly operations focused and will launch and lead the pilot project in a new market, conduct all m&e activities, determine regional and subregional pricing models; build the team to scale, and ensure results oriented reporting to the board;
- Support the Executive team with business strategy formulation for a new market;
- Work closely with technical personnel to determine new project modalities and optimal project implementation solutions;
- Manage a large team and put in place strategies to ensure success in a new market;
- Identify, design, and negotiate new project and partnership opportunities;
- Draft agreements and/or contractual documents for the executive team which are required for signature and implementation of new projects;
- Push forward relevant institutional partnerships;
- Ensure all banking and administrative legal work related to Oolu Nigeria Ltd.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of competencies in project service delivery and management to develop opportunities and engagements with new partners;
- Perform other duties as required and requested within the framework of his/her responsibilities or as assigned by the Executive Team;
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Applicants must have previous experience working in operations focused role where they helped scale a startup and/or be a passionate and highly motivated entrepreneur with a proven track record of business success;
- The applicant must speak fluent English;
- Previous experience building and managing large teams is required;
- Previous experience in designing and managing operations and/or distribution in rural regions in Nigeria is required;
- Previous experience in recruiting, training, finding talent, and HR is an asset;
- Previous experience in logistics and/or experience scaling operations for a leading distribution company in Africa is an asset;
- We're looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in an international business environment which includes leading roles in business development, stakeholder management, communication, marketing, sales and/or finance or other relevant area.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541864 to apply for this job .