Oxfam is convinced that people have the power to end poverty. All they need is an opportunity. Oxfam is committed to make sure everyone gets that chance. That is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to listen to the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve both men and women in our work. Oxfam is a confederation of 17 organizations that works together to increase the impact of its long term development and humanitarian responses.
- Ensure the coordination, oversee the management and support technically the implementation of Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods (EFSVL) activities in the operational districts of NE Nigeria.
- To ensure implementation of food security activities, and contribute to livelihoods recovery of the population in NE Nigeria affected by the LCB Crisis.
- In direct coordination with the Humanitarian Programme Manager update EFSVL strategy following the evolution of the people’s needs;
- Support technically the EFSVL Team Leaders with the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the EFSVL programmes;
- Identify opportunities of scaling up and ensure these are coherent with the rest of the programme, work closely with WASH, Shelter, gender, logistics, finance, admin, HR.
- Explore and promote technological options (like mobile money transfers, bank transfers) for scale up and for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of EFSVL programming;
- Support in the recruitment of additional EFSVL staff and provide training to them, as necessary;
- Design or identify tools and approaches for use in food security, livelihoods and market monitoirng, participate/lead in market assessments and in any other assessment as needed;
- Ensure the Advocacy team pick up on any EFSVL issues and that the EFSVL work is well represented in all communication material and media;
- Represent Oxfam on EFSVL issues at cluster and other coordination meetings and liaise with INGOs, UN and other stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Play a leading role in the cluster system, including the Food Security, Early Recovery or Cash/Market WGs or sub-cluster group and support delivery of its work as required; Share Oxfam learning and best practice with clusters, Govt bodies and key stakeholders;
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is conflict sensitive, sensitive to community needs and gender issues and in particular to promote the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of the EFSVL programmes; Ensure that programmes analyse and address specific vulnerabilities
- Support EFSVL Team Leaders with HR, finance and logistics coordination: trouble shooting where necessary to ensure the smooth running of the programme;
- Ensure proper implementation by partners to achieve the agreed objectives. Support the Team leaders in identifying capacity building needs for Oxfam and implementing partners EFSVL staff and develop capacity building plans.
- Explore and develop strategic partners contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes.
- Support finance and other staff with the drawing up of contracts between Oxfam and service providers, MoUs etc.;
- With Humanitarian Manager, Operational Lead and CD, develop funding proposals for relief and livelihood recovery linking with the OCS as appropriate.
- Any other assignment given by the line manager.
Skills and Competences
- Master in Agriculture, Rural or Urban Development, Economics, Development Studies is preferred. Minimum 5 years of senior level experience in relevant field. Experience of design, implementation and scale up of (EFSVL) programmes including CTP in emergencies.
- Experience in linking relief with rehabilitation and development (LRRD)
- Professionally qualified food security and livelihoods programme manager, preferably with experience in a large and / or complex organisation, conflict-sensitive programming and the ability to influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of financial standards, procedures and controls;
- Experience in market analysis and use of results to inform strategy and activities design; with the capacity to lead a market and value chain assessment
- Experience of leading the implementation of operational improvements and the persistence to achieve change in a challenging environment;
- Leadership qualities and people management expertise to provide direction and effective support to a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Thorough understanding of cash transfer modalities and mechanisms with a sound knowledge of their development and specificities;
- Knowledge of a wide range of methods and approaches that can be used rights-based food security, livelihood, and market programming
- Ability to gain and apply knowledge of the statutory requirements of countries in the region and of the impact of local culture and tradition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including high-level interpersonal and representational capabilities; fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- Ability to operate and think strategically, coupled with proven analytical skills and the use of these to problem solve and make firm decisions;
- A strong commitment to Oxfam’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “development” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action ;
- An understanding of gender and diversity considerations within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities;
What We Offer
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541775 to apply for this job .