eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
- The Coordinator, Programs Operations will work with and reports to the Senior Coordinator, Programs Operations.
- The Coordinator, Programs Operations role is to manage daily schedules and special programs for facility residents in collaboration with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Supervises ongoing maintenance of all eHA assets including (buildings, inspection and preventive maintenance of machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization).
- Monitors & manages to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services in the various departments.
- Oversees and manages vendors; by assisting with identification and selection of vendors.
- Generates work plan for vendors, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources.
- Identifies and resolves vendor issues. Oversees record keeping (online and physical) for vendors, vehicles usage, etc.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local laws & regulations.
- Participates in promoting a positive, supportive and cooperative team environment.
- Coordinate daily schedules and special programs for facility residents in collaboration with other team members.
- Devise an annual certification and licensing renewal preparation course for employees.
- Reach out to local shopping centers and other businesses to find places residents can go for offsite.
- Schedule, organize meetings/events and maintain agenda.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.).
- Prepare paperwork and order materials.
- Support growth and program development.
- Performs any other task assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Groundskeeping.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Five (5) years working experience in Operations, preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of operations supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary/diverse teams, as well as the mentoring team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manual.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working with specialized software utilized in the program.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541759 to apply for this job .