Our Company is a foremost provider of technically enhanced Emergency and Medical services solutions.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Formulate compliance checklists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct and provides guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney and/or other legal counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Law degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years work experience post law school
- Relevant compliance related certification is an added advantage
- Relevant human resource and personnel management certification is an added advantage
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent relationship management, strong verbal and written communication.
- Organized and detail oriented while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government/regulators and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Sound judgement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Quality management
- Strategic thinking
- Think logical and clearly
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541501 to apply for this job .