FITC Nigeria was established in 1981 as a non profit organization limited by guarantee, based on the Company's Act of 1968, in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review the Nigerian financial system. It is owned by the Banker's Committee, which comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, all licensed banks and discount houses in Nigeria.
- The Group Head Finance & Accounts will oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions for the Group.
- Ensure all financial reporting are in compliance with set policies, CBN, IFRS and other financial regulatory standards.
- Experience in financial accounting and reporting, risk management, corporate finance, investment management, treasury, budgeting, financial control, financial analysis and forecasting, compliance and financial modelling. In-depth understanding of statutory requirements, IFRS, accounting principles, laws and best practices is required.
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline; minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience preferably in professional accounting firms or financial or manufacturing companies; Accounting professional certification - ACA /ACCA/ CFA or CPA is required.
- Strategic orientation, leadership skills; integrity; honesty; excellent communication skills, thorough understanding of business principles and practices; strong interpersonal skills to engage peers, senior management team and external stakeholders; proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541499 to apply for this job .