FITC Nigeria was established in 1981 as a non profit organization limited by guarantee, based on the Company's Act of 1968, in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review the Nigerian financial system. It is owned by the Banker's Committee, which comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, all licensed banks and discount houses in Nigeria.
- Our Client is a Management Development Institution in a non-for-profit environment providing training, research and consulting services. It aspires to be a leader in the provision of cutting-edge professional services. In view of its reinvigorated efforts to providing premium thought leadership services to exceed the growing demands of its stakeholders, our client seeks to fill the position of Head, Research.
- The Head Research will provide strategic leadership for the Research Function, anchor all research activities to determine their sectoral and macro-economic impact and develop papers and publications on topical issues. Review policies and initiatives affecting sectors and wider economy.
- Develop papers to further the Institution’s thought leadership and advocacy role.
- Oversee the collation, review, editing and final production of research findings and other departmental publications.
- Experience in research, policy review and development, economics, analysis of macro-economic trends, market intelligence analysis, data analysis, research paper/publication development, sector analysis, facilitation, stakeholder collaboration and engagement, research paper writing, proposal writing and business development
- Doctorate degree; a second degree in social sciences and 10-15years cognate experience.
- Certification and Professional membership of any relevant body e.g. Nigeria Economic Society is added advantage; proficiency in the use of applicable research applications and methodologies.
- Academic and research inclined, strategic orientation, business acumen, leadership, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills to engage peers, senior management team and external stakeholders; proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541495 to apply for this job .