A firm in the oil and gas sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Accomplish the result by performing the duty
- Analyzing the revenue and expenditure of the business.
- Daily/Weekly/ reconciliation of all sales to track previous days sales, and revenue, reconcile cash and POS positions.
- Prepare Profit and Loss Statement (weekly and monthly),(Trend analysis of sales comparing week on week and month on month).
- Track and monitor sales across business units to assess performance of products,
- Identify weak links and reasons likewise top selling products.
- Audit and Control of Revenues/Expenses (daily). (Conduct financial investigation and audits and prepare reports.)
- Cost Control/Develop accounting policies to suit the Group
- Sales report along various individual product lines to determine actual cost of production output/finished product based on raw materials utilized cost of each finished product, gross margin per product wastages/recalls etc on a daily/weekly basis.
- Resolve any accounting discrepancies/liaise with external auditors as they may arise.
- Stock taking/balancing opening of business and closing of business daily.
- Automation of stock/Inventory with daily update to capture in’s and out’s.
- Understudy the process flow in the various business units to track and monitor
- Performance, establish profitability etc of respective units i.e
- Any other duty of similar deliverable that may be assigned from time to time by the MD.
Qualification / Experience:
- Candidate must be an Accounting graduate with background in Accounting
- Must be familiar with accounting modelling tools.
- Must have 7– 8 years work experience preferably in very busy organizations.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Corporate Finance, confidentiality
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and leadership and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541429 to apply for this job .