Abt Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Abt Associates seeks a Capacity Building Specialist to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
- The Capacity Building Specialist will ensure effective coordination of competency-based FP/LARC training in project states
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the RH/FP Technical Director and State Coordinators to identify specific training requirements in line with project objectives and state requirements.
- Work with state officials to develop competency-based training programs to meet the identified needs, utilizing existing training modules as available.
- Participate in the mapping and selection of health providers that will participate in trainings
- Collaborate with state FP coordinators to organize training courses and workshops.
- Identify, contract, and manage trainers to implement project training courses
- Ensure FP/LARC trainings meet quality standards
- Maintain records of training attendance.
- Monitor the effects of trainings through analyzing pre- and post-test results, course evaluation forms, and other analytic measurements.
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff to ensure effective and timely program implementation
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system (especially in relation to health worker training.
Preferred Skills / Prerequesites
- RN/RM, degree in Clinical Nursing/Midwifery or MBBS degree. (Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management and organizational skills.
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Ability to travel within and outside the state approximately 50% of the time.
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541408 to apply for this job .