There is a vacancy for the position of Director of Academics and Operations in an international Muslim school based in Lokoja with over three hundred students.
The Director of Academics and Operations is the most senior management position in the School, reporting directly to the School Board of Trustees. The holder of the position is responsible for working with the Principal, head of schools, head of departments and other key management staff in coordinating the overall activities of the various sections of the school
The ideal candidate is expected to have BA or BSc or BEd with a Master’s degree qualification in desirable areas. Years of teaching experience, preferably in an international school and additional qualifications such as MBA, or PhD will be an added advantage. Also, a sound professional knowledge in Business Administration, Organizational Management or related discipline is desirable but not mandatory.
The school offers competitive salary with benefits that will include official accommodation in the school compound, medical insurance, car, and bonus scheme etc.
Start date: Negotiable but before September 2018
The Position is open to both local and expatriates.
- Coordinating the implementation of the strategic school improvement plan
- Providing monthly and termly reports on issues relating to academics and general school operations
- Coordinating the reviews and implementation of quality assurance policies
- Leading and supporting various school committees in the discharge of their responsibilities
- Supervising admission, enrolment and official student and staff records
- Ensuring quality in the development of school publications, newsletters and all media related activities
- Preparation, monitoring and implementation of the school budget
- Managing and improving existing child protection policies and school safety procedures
- Preparing and communicating weekly/monthly memo to staff as necessary
- Organizing interview process for hiring qualified staff.
- Preparing annual performance audit in collaboration with the Board
- Monitoring and analyzing student performance, assessment data and performance reports
- Planning and coordinating school programmes, community activities; acting as liaison between school and other schools, state and federal education ministries and other outside agencies, parents and the public at large
- Serving as the custodian of school office records
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring work practices and systems. Constantly evaluating and searching for methods that are effective, efficient, and consistent with established standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinating official school calendar of meetings and events
- Organising induction training for new staff using established standard and policies
- Scrutinizing facility wear and tear and making recommendations as to facility improvement as required
- Promoting a progressive positive school climate/relationship by making sure that interactions with staff, students, parents, and the public at large are prompt, efficient, helpful and friendly
- Recognizing problems and impediments and reporting them promptly with options for solutions and assisting with constructive resolutions
- Monitoring special school projects and tasks for accountability and scheduled timelines
- Coordinating timely completion of all administrative/clerical tasks
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Founder or the School Board
Interested candidates are to email their CV and Cover Letter
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541400 to apply for this job .